Wedding Woes

Happy short week!

How was the weekend?  What are your plans this week?

Sat am- we did Max's 1 year pics.  I'm DYING to see proofs.  The photog posted some pics he did Sunday and I just want to whine "where are miiiiiine?"  Everyone got cupcakes, but we've discovered Max doesn't like frosting.  Then it was house tour, naps, and Mexican for dinner.  After dinner we stopped at Krispy Kreme.  6let declared it his best day ever.

Sunday- church, grocery, and FIL came over to look at the house.  Then we spent the rest of the afternoon talking about what I don't like about the current home and how we can fix it.  I'm ready to get a sledgehammer.

This week we have preschool parent/teacher conferences.  DH took Wed off so we're leaving early for Tday.  Dummy suggested and oil change that morning.  I swear he has the worse time for oil changes- moving, vacation, new baby.  My brother is randomly coming to town so Friday he's coming over for zoo lights and to spend the night.  We're all excited to get some time with him.

Re: Happy short week!

• Friday-I had drinks with a friend.  
    Saturday-H had an early work meeting.  I went grocery shopping in the afternoon (which was insanity) and then started baking.  I burnt my hand and baked until about 11pm.  But it's all done!
    Sunday-Went shopping for new shoes for DefConn and BIL's bday gift.  The rest of the day we just hung out and watched football.  Didn't get near enough stuff done for going OOT, but that's how it always is.  

We're leaving first thing Thursday morning for T-day.  DH wanted to leave Weds night, but that's just not possible.  We wouldn't leave until after midnight. 
  • Hello. I'm snuggling with my peanut so my weekend was awesome. Birth story to come. You ladies have a wonderful thanksgiving. I will be thankful for a great deal of things this Thursday.
  • I was so happy to see that she had arrived, PMeg!  Congrats!  

I can't wait to see pics.  Have a wonderful holiday.  
  • Friday we FINALLY got elec. back, then the kiddo and I went w/ my family to the light parade and the state tree lighting and all that.

Saturday we attempted to get caught up on life--we failed.  (I'm *finally* not being all migrainey, though, now that I'm in routine and the weather has passed)

Sunday church, toys-r-us, and then the day w/ my family.
    And I"m just exhausted w/o a reason to be.
  • I unloaded a ton of baby things on CL and we took a ton more to GoodWill.  I caught 6's purge bug and it feels awesome.

Meanwhile, I'm still sick and probably going to be calling the doctor in 20 minutes when they open.  I have a lymph node on my right side below my ear that is so swollen and painful.  I mean, it even hurts to turn my head.  And I woke up this morning and noticed the left side is starting to swell and hurt.

• Friday - I had to work. DK and I watched The Hunger Games at night. 
    Saturday - We hung out at home and took it easy.
    Sunday - I convinced DK to let me sleep in a little, and then sent him to see Thor when I got up. I took Wolverine to the grocery store. I spent some time in the afternoon working on my red zinfandel - i moved it from the fermenter into a carboy and started working on degassing/clarifying/stabilizing. I did a taste test, and I'm happy so far - it's fruit forward (blackberry), with a dry finish. It will be ready to bottle in 3-4 weeks, but I may take a bit longer depending on the flavor/conditioning needed.
    Today - Working from home
    Tomorrow - Working from office
    Wednesday - my "friday" off - got DK to take the day off, and we're going to see Catching Fire while Wolverine is in daycare
    Thursday - a friend invited us for Thanksgiving with her family. 
    Friday - *maybe* black friday shopping (not before 8/9am), going out with DK for a date night to celebrate my new job. 
  • Saturday was uneventful, but yesterday, when I was driving from home in Nashville to my hometown of Franklin to get my hairs cut, I blew my first tire on the Interstate, yay~. I called husband to come change the tire because it turns out that my dad, who was two minutes away, doesn't know how to change one, but then we couldn't change it anyway because apparently the dealership didn't give me some magical lugnut key for the weird-ass locked lugnuts on ALL of the wheels. AAA didn't have one, TDOT didn't have one, AutoZone didn't have one, the one tire place that was open didn't have one... and because it was Sunday in the South, the dealership's service department wasn't open to grab the key for a Fit to help a bitch out because apparently the sales department doesn't have access to the service department on the weekends.

So we had my car towed to the goddamn dealership yesterday afternoon and my dad had to drive up to Nashville to take me to work today because husband had to be to work at the asscrack of pre-dawn. This afternoon, we get to see how I can get off of work on time, ride with my mom down to Franklin, pick up my car and still make it to Japanese class by 6. It should be fun.

• It was so cold here this weekend. I stand inside 95% of the time.
  • Weekend was a lot of cleaning and steam cleaning. And Thanksgiving grocery shopping. GAH

Oh, and that cleaning of cat pee and toddler pee from the carpets? We had to add a new fluid Fri night. Vomit. All over the car seat harness.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • OH no!  Not car seat puke.  I'd rather my kid puke anywhere but on his car seat.  The.worst. 
  • I had a haircut, finally.  I had to find an old picture to make sure he did the right cut and it'd been 6 months since I'd seen him.  What?  Where does the time go.  I don't know about any one else, but for me getting my hair cut is so cathartic.  I always feel bad shit just going away with each razor swipe.  It's cut even shorter than before and I love it.  I'm always amazed at how much hair he ends up taking off.

Conquered laundry mountain, did my nails and dyed my hair back to my beloved winter color.  I might just say screw it and keep this color year round, no matter how dark it is.  I made DH stay in bed yesterday.  He's sick and I'm tired of it.  Stay in bed and get better or STFU with the whining.  I know I'm being mean; after a full week of this nonsense I'm over it.
  • I spent about 90% of the weekend cleaning stuff.  Mostly organizing and tossing stuff from the kitchen.  It now looks like a bachelor lives at my house, with the condiments and eggs in our fridge.  I kind of like it this way. We'll see how long this lasts.

Also, ran on Saturday in the gusting and negative temps with wind chill.  I was all "yay, cold!" until I turned back and ran into the wind and then it was "holyshitmyfaceisgonnafalloff".  And then I was done.  And I drank gallons of coffee. 

THE END.
  • Oface, you are a trooper.  I've been trying to get back into the running habit.  I happened to say something to my mother about it and she was horrified thinking I was running outside.  Oh hell no!  I am an admitted wuss. I can't stand breathing in the cold air.  DH was thinking about trying to do the Turkey Trot just for fun and all I had to do was pull up the forecast to make him change his mind.  :D
  • V-I have a face cover and all the stuff to bundle up and run, otherwise I'd stay inside.  Running on a treadmill NEVER appeals to me. 

Also, I committed to a running streak with a friend from Tday to NY, so that should be interesting...along with Insanity.  Which starts today....oops. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards