Chit Chat
Options

What are you thankful for???

My favorite posts on TK are the ones where we all vent/complain about what's going on around us.  So with With Thanksgiving just a few days away and this year coming to an end, I've been reflecting back on this past year and thinking about the positives.

-I'm very thankful for my super supportive FI.  I would have lost my mind without him this year.
-I'm thankful that my grandfather will be with us for another set of holidays.  He will be 90 in January.
-I'm thankful for the surgeons that fixed me up this year.  (Infected wisdom teeth in Feb...Gallbladder removed in April)

So what are you thankful for???
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What are you thankful for???

• Options

-I am thankful for my wonderful FI he makes me laugh every day and makes me so happy.

-I am thankful for our new home and being able to host thanksgiving there

- Also thankful for being able to be surrounded by lots of family for the upcoming thanksgiving

Anniversary

• Options
    -I'm thankful that FI and I both found jobs in our fields right after graduation.

-I'm thankful for my FI. I honestly don't know where I would be without him.

-I'm thankful by brother and SIL moved from the other side of the world to the US because they want to be around for all the exciting things happening in our family like babies and weddings. 
  • Options
    I am thankful for:
    • my loving family and that they will be in my neck of the woods for December/January.
    • the wonderful FI and his proposal because he is the love of my life.
    • two fuzz bucket pups who rescued me as much as I rescued them. 
  • Options
    I am thankful for my boyfriend. He is absolutely amazing and treats me like a princess. I went through a really rough time right before he and I got together and he had made me happier than I've ever been.

I am thankful for the doctors who have been working with my mom to get her well again. She's been sick since February and they have started her on a new treatment that will hopefully help.

I am thankful for my awesome parents. They are the best. ever.

I am thankful for my amazing nephew. He brightens my day and I love when he randomly calls me just to sing me the Dora theme song. Melts my heart.

I am thankful for my best friend who is currently overseas in Afghanistan. He has been the best friend I could ever ask for and has helped me and been there for me through a lot. Not sure what I would do without him.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I am thankful for my FI. He is wonderful, supportive and encourages me to do new things and grow creatively. 

I am thankful for FI's parents and mine.

I am thankful for my nieces and nephew, and I can't wait to see them at Christmas!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Totally cliche, but I'm so thankful for my FI. I had been through a bad string of relationships. I got married and divorced young, dated the last guy for 5 years and was totally miserable. I finally got up the courage to end it with him. I had actually known FI through mutual friends and I had no idea how wonderful and special he was until he asked me out. And I have never been so happy and so in love in my entire life. And I feel so lucky and blessed that he picked me to share his life with. 

Also thankful for my family, my friends, my health and my job (even though I hate it some days). 
  • Options
    I am thankful for:

• a family that I love not just out of obligation but because they're totally awesome people,
    • a husband who is my support and my partner in crime
    • in-laws that I love almost as much as my own family
    • a rewarding, secure job with bosses who respect and support me
  • Options
    I am thankful for my FI and the person he's helped me to grow into.  Before I met him I had a lot of social anxiety and barely ever spoke to anyone.  I missed out on a lot of experiences because all I did was hide in my room or stare at the floor silently when I HAD to be in public.  Getting me to talk to you was a HUGE pain in the ass.  He was willing to put the time and effort into getting to know me. He helped me come out of my shell, introduced me to a lot of crazy, fun-loving and loving people who have all become great friends, made me feel for once that what I had to say was something worth sharing, not something to hide away.  He helped me ditch my anxiety because he made it absolutely clear that he loved me, every bit of me, even down to my stupid little rants about work.  I have him to thank for all of my favorite memories, and my newfound confidence, and optimism.  I'm a happy person now.  I couldn't say that before. 
    I am also thankful for my two best friends who have been by my side even when I was a socially awkward massive pain in the ass to talk to.  At first they both struggled to get past the wall I had around myself, and I know I made it ridiculously hard to get me to talk to them, and I'm incredibly thankful they kept on trying until I finally gave in, because we have an amazing friendship and we're always supportive of each other.  
  • Options
    smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013

I am thankful for

- my FI who is the best person to deal with all the crappy personality quirks

@HisGirlFriday13  She is a total rock and when FI is being a pain she gets it  :)

-my family - mom/stepdad, sister, nephew, grandparents, amazing aunts and uncles - everyone, family is and always will be important to me

-the great jobs that FI and I have secured in the last 6 month, will make or a more stable and comfortable life together

-my fur babies, any time I need snuggles they are there and I love them so much :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    Very thankful for my DH and looking forward to celebrating our first thanksgiving together as a married couple!

I'm thankful for my DK (darling kitty) - she brightens my day, relaxes me, and is my little snuggle buddy.

I'm thankful for my supportive family.

I'm thankful to have Thursday off - I feel so bad for all the retail workers roped into the early Black Friday sales. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

I'm thankful that, despite all of the challenges we've faced (and there have been plenty!), our little family (DS, FI and I) has become so close.

I'm thankful that DS is starting to come into his own, and is becoming such a loving, considerate little boy. The fact that he tells people to "Live long and prosper" makes it soooo much sweeter :)

I'm thankful that I have a boss who was awesome enough to allow me to leave today for a few hours to see DS's thanksgiving pageant at preschool, without having to take it from vacation/sick time.

I'm thankful that I have a job that allows us to live comfortably (which is something we struggled with for quite awhile)

I'm thankful my father is two years cancer-free (!!!!!!). He's a rockstar. Plain and simple.

Lastly, I'm thankful that I get to spend the rest of my life with FI. He's an amazing, loving father and simply wonderful to me. I wouldn't want to imagine my life without him in it!

• Options
    I'm incredibly thankful for my amazing and loving husband. We've been married 11 days and I'm so thankful for having him in my life.

I'm also thankful for my my amazing Mom and ILs. 

I'm also thankful for my sister and BIL who found out yesterday that they're having a baby girl! The pregnancy is going very well and the baby's doing great which I am also thankful for.
  • Options

My faith

My loving and supportive fiance

My family

My friends

My job - not the greatest but I am glad to have one

My fur babies

All the blessings I have been given.

• Options
    I am thankful for my husband, my family and my friends.  I am also thankful for our growing successful business and the fact we just got an opportunity to move into a new bigger shop!  And we are on track to getting into a house very soon, so I may get a new shop and a house for Christmas!  So, yes very thankful for all the good people in my life and all the good things happening :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am thankful for my FI. He doesnt judge me so I can feel comfortable being myself around him. I have had a lot of trouble with that in the past. He deals with all of my crazy and still wants to cuddle with me at night.
    I am thankful for my ability to keep a positive attitude. The lessons I have learned in life have given me the ability to get through just about anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    I am thankful for:
    - a job
    - My supportive FI
    - great friends and family
  • Options
    -my fiance
    -my doggies
    -my family (even though I won't be with ANY of them this yr due to weather)
    -having a job that pays the bills even though it's boring as hell
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    - Getting to go home to visit my family for Thanksgiving AND Christmas
    - Being surrounded by a sweet, supportive church family
    - Having a place to live and a warm bed to sleep in
    - Eating food cooked by my grandma
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    - my FI. He is just awesome and has been there for me like no one else has in my life.

- to another year without any surgeries. Sept made it 7 years since my last surgery and I am so thankful for this.

- to another year with no complications, procedures or on any medication ^_^

- to my FI's family for being so supportive and helping me through some very difficult things.

- for having a job.

- for all the soldiers, men and women, who can do something that I know I am not brave enough to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For my faith

My church--especially the ladies willing to throw me a shower in January

My pastor and his wife--for their help and support this past year.

My temp job--for the confidence they have in me. And the birthday cake my boss' wife made me.

My family--who loves me no matter what

And of course for my fiance---He's the 2nd best thing that ever happened to me. His love has brought me so much joy. I eagerly count down the days until our forever starts.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm thankful for:
    • MY NEW PUPPY.
    • My family. Despite causing so much heartache to each other over the years with anger, depression, and substance abuse, everybody is finally coming clean in their own ways, confronting their issues, and putting family first. We will be spending the holidays together, and I am so grateful that this year it will be a loving, happy, relatively drama-free occasion!
    • My amazing job, that is meaningful, fun, and pays me enough to get by on.
    • The opportunity to pursue my dream career and better myself.
    • Amazing girlfriends who remind me to laugh and cry as needed, and to pursue the future that will fulfill me and make me happy, not merely the one that is safe and expected. Sometimes a good chat, a shared meal or dessert, and a fun day out with someone who gets it is the BEST medicine.
    • That I don't have to worry over the basics - I have a warm place to sleep, food, and a way to provide for myself.
  • Options

-two fantastic surgeons with no ego on either side, who work together to make sure I'm taken care of, no matter what. What one can't do, the other can.

-my mom, the matriarch, the glue and rock of our family, the iron fist in the velvet glove

-I have a job, insurance, a roof over my head, heat, water, and food.

-my kitty Gracie, who's simple, innocent love for me makes the tough stuff easier

-that ex-FI is out of my life and not making my problems worse with his and his inability to nut up and deal with them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards