Wedding Etiquette Forum

5 Star reviewed Wedding cordinator but less than 5 star service

I'm working with a venue with a 5 star Knot rating and everyone is raving about the wedding coordinator that works at the site. I don't think I've been a demanding bride- maybe clueless, but I feel I'm not getting 5 star service from the wedding coordinator. Not all of my e-mails get answered. I have to forward e-mails to get questions answered. Maybe I can just tell she is a sales person and other brides can't? I just feel like answering e-mails (not too many btw) is part of that 5 star rating. 

The wedding is in less than 2 weeks, but I feel awkward saying anything. I don’t know what I could say. “Hi, did I do anything wrong? I feel like my e-mails aren’t important and we have a weirdness.”

Thoughts? 

Re: 5 Star reviewed Wedding cordinator but less than 5 star service

• I'm working with a venue with a 5 star Knot rating and everyone is raving about the wedding coordinator that works at the site. I don't think I've been a demanding bride- maybe clueless, but I feel I'm not getting 5 star service from the wedding coordinator. Not all of my e-mails get answered. I have to forward e-mails to get questions answered. Maybe I can just tell she is a sales person and other brides can't? I just feel like answering e-mails (not too many btw) is part of that 5 star rating. 

The wedding is in less than 2 weeks, but I feel awkward saying anything. I don’t know what I could say. “Hi, did I do anything wrong? I feel like my e-mails aren’t important and we have a weirdness.”

Thoughts? 

Sometimes you just need to pick up the phone and give them a call.  I always called my venue when I had questions.  If they dodge when you try to talk to them in person, then they really don't deserve their 5 star rating.

I also don't put too much value in the Knot ratings because those vendors pay to have their services listed on this website to begin with.  There is talk that TK will take down any bad reviews that their paying advertiser asks them too.  But I can't confirm that TK does that.
  • I'm working with a venue with a 5 star Knot rating and everyone is raving about the wedding coordinator that works at the site. I don't think I've been a demanding bride- maybe clueless, but I feel I'm not getting 5 star service from the wedding coordinator. Not all of my e-mails get answered. I have to forward e-mails to get questions answered. Maybe I can just tell she is a sales person and other brides can't? I just feel like answering e-mails (not too many btw) is part of that 5 star rating. 

Thoughts? 

Sometimes you just need to pick up the phone and give them a call.  I always called my venue when I had questions.  If they dodge when you try to talk to them in person, then they really don't deserve their 5 star rating.

I also don't put too much value in the Knot ratings because those vendors pay to have their services listed on this website to begin with.  There is talk that TK will take down any bad reviews that their paying advertiser asks them too.  But I can't confirm that TK does that.
    It sure looks that way...

You've done nothing wrong, but I do think you should communicate that she has made you feel unimportant and not met your expectations. Don't go bridezilla, but be firm about what you expect from the rest of the planning process.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Since your wedding is 2 weeks away, I would just accept that you haven't had a great experience at this point and focus your energy on more positive aspects of the wedding.

Once it's all over, write a review on TK's website. Obviously yours won't be 5 stars, but you can rate her however you feel appropriate and comment on your experience.
    *********************************************************************************

• How many emails are you sending them per day? Just curious.
  • It's def not on a per day level. I might send an email on a Thursday and still not have an email back by the following Thursday, then I need to call or resend the email.
  • It's probably too late now, but I asked our wedding coordinator when we first booked what the easiest way to reach her is and I told her I preferred emails (which works out for both of us.)

Since your wedding is 2 weeks away, you will have to make the best of it and write her a review later.
    Focus on what else you need to do for your special day.  If you need to, call her, and if necessary book a meeting with her if you have alot of questions or if you would feel better being able to go over timeline etc.
  • I don't entirely trust Knot reviews because every vendor I've looked at has great reviews on the website. I generally check several websites before I trust reviews. Being so close to the wedding there's not much you can do (too late to find a new coordinator). 

I would just make sure I'm double and triple reminding her of everything before the wedding day. 
  • It sounds like you and I had the same wedding coordinator. Mine also had nothing but 5 stay reviews, on every website that had reviews available. She would not return my calls or emails for weeks, she would flake on schedule phone call meetings, always with a different dire emergency. The day of the wedding she was an hour late and was nowhere to be found most of the time.

Honestly, I wish I had fired her, even if it was just two weeks before the wedding. I was too worried that she would demand full payment anyway. 

At this point, I would call her for everything, if you leave a message, follow up with an email. Don't be afraid to start getting pushy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards