Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

PSA: Gilt Groupe Wedding Weekend

Hi ladies!  Public service announcement that this Friday-Sunday, Gilt Groupe (online designer sample sales) is joining up with Martha Stewart Weddings for a wedding weekend sale.  Preview here:

http://www.gilt.com/blog/2010/03/04/1722-big-deals-for-the-big-day-sneak-peek-gilts-wedding-weekend-march-12-14

I am so excited; I freaking love Gilt!  Happy to send membership referrals if you want :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
Vacation

Re: PSA: Gilt Groupe Wedding Weekend

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a member but I honestly have never purchased anything.  Are the prices really as good as what I was told?  (Not that I'm planning on buying wedding stuff, but for regular items).
  • Options
    missyt180missyt180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme - you and I are on the same page!  :)  I love Gilt as well and received the email yesteday.  Apparently there will be some stiff competitiion - I wasn't able to access the link at all until this morning, there must be a lot of brides anxiously awaiting!

I'm excited! 
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme - is this site sort of like Hautelook.com? I LOVE Hautelook as well. The only problem w/ Hautelook for me is that you can't return anything :( I am a different size in EVERY brand and it's hard to judge online!! If the membership for Gilt is free I'd love a referral! :)

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    S, clothes on here are very discounted.  I probably shop here too much, haha! 

The caveat is that sometimes very discounted is still very expensive... like today, there's an M Missoni dress that was $995 retail being sold for $399.  But I've also gotten the Nike Air/Cole Haan shoes from Gilt at an absolute steal, and of course the stuff they sell doesn't always start retailing at $1000 either.  They do "final sales" a couple of times a year and that's when things start being extra affordable :)

Vacation
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    G, it is similar but you can return almost everything you buy, which is great.  (They list return details for every item.)  I absolutely love it!  Membership is free; I'll send a referral over :)

M, same here, I couldn't access it at all yesterday!  I'll be ready to throw stuff in my cart Friday morning, haha.

Vacation
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohh great!! Thanks so much!!

p.s. - this could get bad ;) I'm a SEVERE impulse buyer! haha!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen-  I'll take a referral too-I love to shop!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heather, will you PM me your email?  I'll send one your way, thanks!

Vacation
  • Options
    kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme - I know I'm a little late but I'll take a referral too!  Shopping is my downfall in life Tongue out
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heather, yours is sent!

Kim, what's your email?  PM me and I'll send yours over :)

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    gmc - you should also try RueLaLa! Its similar to Hautelook but accepts returns. I had to return a dress that didin't fit me right and the credit appeared on my account quickly!  I've heard of Gilt but have never tried it. RueLaLa has been dangerous for me so maybe I should stay away :p
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards