Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

2 different guestbook ideas

Hi everyone! So I had a custom poster made which I'm going to frame and have people sign the matting of as the guestbook. However, I heard about about another guestbook idea which I love. It's buying 2 coffee table books one that's my style and one of my fiance's picking. People could leave us messages on various pages of the coffe books and mark their messages with ribbons. So I like the idea of the coffee table books, but I already bought the custom poster. What do you all think about people signing both? The poster really only has room for people to sign their name, while people could write actual messages in the coffe table books. I don't think it would be s big deal to have both, but then again i've never seen it done. I hoping not everyone will feels like they have to sign both, but maybe just opt to sign the coffee table book also if they want to write us an actual note. Also, if I do both ideas, should I put them both out at the same time or maybe one as people enter the ceremony and the other over cocktail hour? Thanks for your input!

Re: 2 different guestbook ideas

• Options
    I, honestly, would just do one.  Not everybody will sign ONE so it's almost a guarantee that both will be signed by about 1/2 the guests.  I say stick to your poster...there were SO many things I wanted to our wedding but it would have been too much.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    I would only do one. However, if you are really sold on the idea -- maybe you could have only close family members and those at the rehearsal dinner sign one and then leave the other one out at the wedding reception?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Could you have one out at the ceremony and one out at the reception? I think having both options at one time might be overkill. We had just a plain guestbook at the ceremony that people signed just their names in, then a photo mat at the reception that people signed with a short message. We didn't get 100% of our guests on either, and you won't, but I would say about 50-75% signed one or the other.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards