Attire & Accessories Forum

Browsing "collections" on designer sites

Probably a stupid question, but when you're looking at dresses for a particular designer online, how do you know which collection is the relevant one to look in?  I don't mean in terms of finding a particular dress; for example, I'm wondering if a "Spring 2011" collection is even worth looking through--how do you know what will still likely be in stores (especially if the bridal salons don't post inventory online)?  Thanks!

Re: Browsing "collections" on designer sites

• Most likely, there won't be anything earlier than 2013 collections, and that will be winnowing out, as they will be bringing in the 2014 collections now.  You can call local bridal salons, as well though, they might have specific ones from earlier years.
  • depends on the designer mori lee only lists what she currently has avail to purchase at a salon the older gowns that are still avail are listed on her website and as they discontinue them they are taken off.
    its still possible the gowns are avail your best bet is if you see something from an older collection go to the salon finder on the designers page and call up as many bridal salons listed i would cap it off at 2 hours as you don't want to be driving all over the place.

the place i went and got my dress was a much smaller salon but they carried a whole lot of dresses and some older styles that were still avail to order as well as discontinued dresses
  • Hello.  This is my first post, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing.  I've just begun to look for a dress.  I've looked at David's Bridal, House of Brides, JJHouse, and a few others.  I feel like I can't really see the details of the dresses from pictures that are posted.  Plus, prices are all over the place, and many websites don't even post prices.  I really want to go look at the dresses, but I'm really intimidated about going to look and try on dresses.  I live just north of Naperville Illinois.  Can anyone suggest bridal stores in the area that have large selections of dresses to look at and try on?  I've heard good and bad things about David's Bridal and House of Brides, but I take everything with a grain of salt.  Thank you!

• hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2013
    @sdelegge check out this website thebridalboutiqueofnaperville.com/ located in naperville ill they carry only sample sizes but stuff that was brand new never worn in a wedding.  i tried to call them for the hell of it to find out what size ranges they had but the reccording said are open thurs friday and sat by appointment only i would call them to see what sizes they have

http://catherinesimmsbridal.com/index.html they are also located in naperville they carry sizes 0-24 to try on but can order any dress in 0-30
    if you are needed plus sizes they have it

http://www.wolsfelts.com/ located in aurora  not sure what size ranges they have not listed but i would call them

http://ajoyfuloccasionbridal.com/ located in naperville website does not list what size samples they carry

http://www.whitesatinbridal.com/wedding-dress-bridal-gowns-illinois.html this is located in downtown plainfield

i am not from ill but i did a quick google search for you i live in the new england area and i am a plus size bride so i had dress fears from day one my first visit to a sample only store with much older " samples in plus" none of them would fit right in my bridal size which was discouraging. but then i found this amazing salon 15 minutes from my house and omg so many bridal gowns in sizes i could fit into and see how it looked on me

if you want a ordinary regular dress with not a lot of details then go to davids bridal if you want something more unique go to a regular salon.  with a regular salon you will have more one on one time with the consultant when i was at db trying on a few dresses the consultant was all over the place and was servicing me and 3 other brides at the same time was not the best experience so i went eleswhere 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards