Connecticut

Hi Ladies! looking for bridal gown shops in hartford county

I'm an old knottie (married 2004 gasp!) but I'm helping my SIL plan her wedding and its a quicky we have 3.5 months to get the whole thing planned and done! she needs to go dress shopping ASAP and the shop I used went out of business a long time ago! with the time crunch she's going to have to do a sample sale or off the rack I doubt she has time to order anything!

Re: Hi Ladies! looking for bridal gown shops in hartford county

• hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited January 2014
    @jennicap visit bridal bells in berlin http://bridalbellsboutique.com/ she has  good amount of discontiunued gowns that she has for sale all sizes from regular sizes to plus i got my dress from her but i had mine ordered from the designer but if you have  such little time check her out

another thing is her gowns by morilee they can come in as fast as 30 days to a month if you found something in that designer and it was in stock in the size your sil needed it would ship right away that was the case with me  she would have to call them to find out but it would be worth it or you can buy from her discontiuned off the rack gowns

and her prices are very low on the dresses i think the highest priced dress i tried on was 1200 but the gown i ended up purchasing was only 825

she has gowns from morilee jasmine and venus and a few others  i got my gown plus my maids gowns from her they are going to be doing my alterations soon as my dress came in december

stay away from davids bridal to much pushyness nothing really unique

• you can try Manchester? Both david's bridal and alfred angelo both have stores there...
  • Mariella's Creations in Rocky Hill! They are amazing and have a discount closet upstairs you can buy off the rack! 
  • Mariella's and also you might want to try The Wedding Dress in Portland. I know she does sell some samples.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I third Mariella's.  
  • The Wedding Embassy is in oakville i think
    counting down to the big day
  • Eldivaz Bridal Fashions in Hartford.
  • Brides To Be in Glastonbury is a consignment wedding dress store and it WONDERFUL! I went there to get some things and they are super helpful and have a good selection.

They also have all the "extras" you need (undergarments, jewelry, shoes, head pieces) and have a seamstress on site - who I'm planning to use and everyone I know has raved about.
  • @charlottetier i went there but none of the sample sizes in my bridal size or the next size up  would zip or lace up which was odd since they are older samples.

i ended up going to bridal bells and found my dress and when it came in fit like a glove except its a little big in the bust area
  • I got my dress at Eldivaz in Hartford and that place is AMAZING! But for off the rack Wedding Embassy in Oakville is great and The Great White Way in Watertown has a ton of stuff you can buy off the rack but I've heard not to get stuff altered there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards