Chit Chat

How many ladies here popped the question to him?

I know the guy "usually" does it, but in this day, it seems a lot more women are asking the question, including myself.

Any other women here who did the asking?

Re: How many ladies here popped the question to him?

• I thought about it, but a little digging turned up that he'd feel he missed something if he didn't get to do it. In the end we sort of decided together that it was time.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • I asked him after he asked me. We talked about it a bit beforehand and he mentioned that he did want to ask me first. Otherwise, I would have asked him!
  • He proposed to me in Dec 14 and now I have to pop the Q to him too, we had made this agreement long time ago. His ring is ordered, more than half paid for and when I take it out I will be popping the Q dunno how yet

• My coworkers FI popped the question to him, at least that's how he tells the story. But to me, it sounded more like she brought up the conversation. They were at a cafe while on vacation and she was like "We should get married," or something like that, so they spoke about it, and agreed. So when they got back home, he went out and got her a ring, and then he popped the actual question a week or so later. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• My college roommate asked her husband. Well more or less told him they were getting married. She is a speshul snowflake... I pity the poor guy.
  • firebabe6519. I guess I didn't think of it because he was all "We're engaged!" and when I congratulated him he told me the story, but then made the remark "So yea, now I have to go out and get a ring." I wonder how she would tell the story...
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I was going to but he wanted to.
  • I probably should have. I kind of nudged him to do it. We had already discussed marriage and knew we wanted to get married one day. After we knew we wanted to get married, it kind of flet like we were engaged.

However, it was going to be awhile until he asked, because he needed to save up for a ring. I said it was silly we were holding off because of a material object. I said if he wants to be engaged, we should just do it and worry about that later.

I think he wanted to pop the question, but he liked the idea of getting the ring later where I could help pick it out. He was so nervous about getting something I wouldn't like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JaniV123 said:
    He proposed to me in Dec 14 and now I have to pop the Q to him too, we had made this agreement long time ago. His ring is ordered, more than half paid for and when I take it out I will be popping the Q dunno how yet
    Yup - this is what I'm doing too! Hopefully I can keep a surprise!!
  • My Cusin asked her FI. It worked for them. They have been married 7 years now and have a 4 year old and a 2 month old. I am pritty sure they discussed it before hand though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards