Wisconsin
Options

crazy family... secret weddings

so, for those looking for a good laugh (or to feel better about their crazy familes)... here's one for you! Got a phone call from my 89 year old granny this week telling me its really important to call her that day. (She never calls me... didn't know she had my number). I call her. Its urgent that I stop over that day after work. Really important. Told her I was working late, and I wouldn't be done until near 9 p.m. She said it didn't matter what time it was, it was so important for me to come over... and I was going to be very happy. I panic. Somethings up. Call my mom. No answer. Call my dad. No answer. Left messages, and got busy with work. Checked my messages around 4:00. Dad told Gma that FI and I are moving in to our brand new house together. Cricket. Cricket. This is my Gma who goes to church daily and twice on Sunday (to get to Latin mass too)..... for some reason, he thought it'd be OK for us to move in together 3 months before the wedding in her eyes. (And yes, we have already been living together for over a year). After crazy family phone tag, and digging for dirt, the truth comes out. Granny has talked to a priest in confindence. They have decided that FI and I are to get secretly married this weekend, before we move. But, can still have our church wedding in 3 month. Told the FI to cancel his bach party (j/k), b/c we were getting married! So... it turns out that Granny "misheard". My Stuff is being moved into the house, but I am moving in with the parents. And, in my granny's eyes, I can now "safely" wear white on my wedding day! (While my entire family is lying their a**es off) Hoping at least some of you can empathize with the craziness of families.... A secret wedding would have been pretty fun though!

Re: crazy family... secret weddings

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards