Wedding Woes

How is it only Thursday?

It's been a long week.  DH is working crazy hours and no preschool. Doctors appointments and bitter temps.  I'm over it.

DH is supposed to be leaving early today and tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

Re: How is it only Thursday?

• This has been a tiring week.  I need a nap but it's not going to happen.
  • This week has been awful. I'm so tired. Work is very trying.

My Gabifresh Galaxy fatkini is supposed to get here today, so I'm excited about that. Japanese lessons also start up again today, and in honor of that, I've been sitting here waiting on a patient's labs and playing Moeru! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii on my Zelda DS because I'm an ultra nerd.

Tomorrow I have a full day at the clinic followed by a weird network meeting thing that will put me after hours. It's at a hotel downtown, so I'm probably going to park my car across the river for easy egress after I get out of there because I don't want to get caught in the middle of downtown Nashville on a Friday night.

Sunday we leave for our honeymoon! We're both so, so relieved to finally have a break.

• Florida should not be this cold. My car door handles should not have been frozen this morning. I'd much rather be in bed with snuggly kitties working on vows and weekend planning than at work.
  • I said "Fuck it" this morning and slept in with DefConn.  We had a funeral last night and didn't get home until after 9pm.  Of course, DefConn didn't go to bed until almost 10.  I stayed up way too late on the phone with a friend. 

I'm trying to contain my homicidal rage after doing my preliminary tax numbers.  It's not good for the blood pressure at all. 

• I know most of you may not like Christian writing, but for the past 2 nights (and tonight) I have been going to a video taping for a Karen Kingsbury book.  Its been pretty cool,they tape 2 sessions each night for 3 nights.  I haven't ever done anything like this before so its been really interesting. Takes a long time though and its an hour away, so its made for very late nights!
  • The big highlight of last night was dharmabunny sending me the most legitimately awesomely disgusting OR nurse story I've ever read. I shared it on Facebook, sent it to nurse friends and read it aloud to husband, who is not a nurse but spends a fair amount of time on 4chan and therefore finds such disgusting things as hilarious as I do. It was a good evening.

• Glad to please :D

Not much eventful this week except I got my very first summons for jury duty. Yay? I'll find out whether I have to definitively report in in a few weeks.

I hope it's not like what my mom had to go through. Once the courts had warm bodies, it was like every court case still pending got pushed through. She had daily call-ins and sat in trials for close to two months. Deep sixed several classes she wanted to take.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I just realized I forgot to records AHS finale.  WTF!?!  How could I have forgotten...oh wait, I have like 10 episodes on my DVR still. Oops.
  • Thursday is always my favorite day, b/c it means tomorrow is Friday!  Friday is just an agony of waiting until 5 and freedom.

@pegasuskat a video taping?  What are they videoing?  It does sound interesting.

I'm trying to get a party scheme built up around a murder mystery event.  I've found a number of games to use, but now I'm trying to figure out the when/hows type stuff.  I wish I was rich, so I could just plan the schemes in my head.
  • It has been a long week. I have to stay late today for a school event, and I'm not sure how I will make it until 7.

• @Varuna - she usually writes fiction, but this is her first bible study.  Its called the Family of Jesus and she tells it in first person, for example when she did Joesph she told about how he might have felt to find out Mary was pregnant when they were supposed to be getting married.  Its been really interesting just to see what all goes into the actual taping.  Its actually went pretty smooth, except for retakes for the stupid people who won't turn off their cell phones, even after being told at least 50 billion times, and then getting the death glare from everybody else.  One lady has had it happen 2 nights in a row, she apparently can't follow simple directions.  She came all the way from WA, so you would think she is actually interested enough to follow the simple rules.

• Oh, I see.  I was thinking more of like a book on tape reading and was thinking, That might be really boring to watch!
  • No, its a video not book on tape.  I may become a star or something, lol.  You know, for just sitting in a chair and clapping and laughing on cue.
  • I'm getting a cold.  It's probably going to ruin all of my weekend plans.  DH is also getting sick so I'll probably be taking care of the baby, the big baby, and myself.  Fuck.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Now I want to hear about the OR story from dharmabunny...

• I can't wait for next week, my hospital schedule drops to one shift per week, giving them only one night a week to screw with me.

Bad news is I still have Friday and Saturday night this week. Ew.
  • One word: FDA. Enough said.
  • PMeg819 said:
    One word: FDA. Enough said.
    May god have mercy on your soul.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards