Wedding Woes
Options

WFD?

I need some inspiration for next week.  What's on some menus?

Re: WFD?

• Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

pork chops and stove top stuffing. totally phoning it in.

my favorite recipe lately is plain roasted chicken, and it's a little more time consuming than i like, but worth the effort.

i found a super sale on chicken breast, so i marinate it in just oil/vinegar and adobo. cut up sweet potatoes, 1 inch cubes, and toss them in a baggie with oil and adobo. i lay the potatoes in the pan, put the chicken on top of it, add spanish olives and a half cup white wine. add more adobo (or not - i like the potatoes sweet and salty). then i bake (350) until cooked covered in aluminum foil, then uncover at 425 until chicken and potatoes are browned. for big breasts (hehe) i cook everything for probably 2 hours total.

• Options
    Making Chicken Tortilla Soup with Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread (courtesy of Ina Garten), next week for FIs mom's friend who had neck surgery.  Making enough leftovers... when you are you coming over for dinner?
  • Options
    Chicken Cordon blue casserole, soup, breakfast (hash brown casserole, eggs, fruit), lasagna. We'll do leftovers one night, Monday is fend for yourself, and one night is dinner out.
  • Options
    Uhhhhhhhh....freezer bingo?
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Our meals for this week included grilled chicken alfredo with broccoli, french bread pizza, chili, chicken enchiladas, and a pizza pasta bake.
  • Options

HA! wzz.  I used to do a casserole thing with apples/apple pie filling, pork chops, and stove top.  I haven't made it in years, but DH requested it. 

I'm afraid I've done too many soups lately.  At least once a week we have soup and bread.  I WISH I could get DH on board with breakfast for dinner. 

The chicken cordon blue casserole does sound good.  I was considering roasting a chicken Sunday, but I'd rather have superbowl junk.

Confession: I want to try that stupid tator tot casserole.

• Options
    It's sort of a garbage meal but there is always cream cheese chicken.
    - 4 chicken breasts
    - 8 oz cream cheese
    - 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup (I make home made)
    - 1 packet of Italian dressing mix
    - 1/2 cup of chicken broth

Dump chicken in crockpot,mix remaining ingredients together pout over top. Cook on low for 6 hours, shred chicken. 

I serve with pasta. DH and DS love this meal. It kills a little of my soul to make it but DH will beg for it. 
  • Options
    I made a big pot of chicken tortilla soup last night. So officers for dinner tonight. Tomorrow night though is store bought Alfredo on pasta with peas. Totally phoning it in with working this weekend.
  • Options
    Taco soup.  No help here, I've been lacking in the cooking inspiration department.  I need to start checking Pinterest again.
  • Options
    alikatt17alikatt17 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014

We're going out tonight to a brew pub, but on the menu this past week- spicy honey chicken, couscous and edamame, paninis w/ roasted tomato soup, minestrone soup & foccacia, stir fry, and pizza. 

We also do a quick cajun stir fry that's andoille sausage (sometimes I just used smoked sausage if I can't find andoille or its super expensive), red pepper, green pepper, mushrooms, onion, can of tomato paste and a couple tablespoons cajun seasoning- served over rice.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    homemade alfredo is so easy, too - takes no time at all. get half and half and cups of grated cheese. NOT romano - too sweet IMO. parmesan is fine. mix together over heat until thick and hot. add cracked black pepper. it'll be done before the pasta is fully cooked.
  • Options

I'm lazy when I'm at home and usually make temakizushi for lunch (quick and easy -- basically Japanese tacos) and miso soup with soba noodles for dinner.

Husband and I never eat the same meal, so I just kinda cook whatever and roll with it. Unexciting.

For the next two weeks, I'm going to be filling my gaping maw with all the fresh fish it can handle thanks to being in watery areas. I'm also looking forward to going to my favorite restaurants in NYC on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (all three mornings will be breakfast crepes because there's a creperie in Chelsea that does gluten free). SO EXCITE, SO FATTY.

• Options
    That would negate my phoning it in Wzz! This is a good sauce and since dh is really handling dinner, I can't overwhelm him. He tries, but without me and having the baby all day, he needs just to boil water, add pasta, add peas, drain, dump on sauce, serve.
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    what kind is it? i wouldn't mind trying a good alrefdo sauce from a jar. i can use it for dipping breadsticks, too, a la olive garden. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards