Wisconsin

How many days off before wedding?

Hi girls, Just wondering how many days off work everyone is taking, or took, or wish they would have taken off before their wedding.  My vacation time is a little tight, but still has a little flexibility.  Don't want to use excessive time off, but don't want to be going crazy before the wedding!Thanks!

Re: How many days off before wedding?

• CurleyFry16CurleyFry16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be in my last semester of Nursing Clinicals during my wedding (did NOT plan things this way, just how life ended up) so since I'll be going to school full time, working part time and getting married, I'm taking the week before the wedding off and the week after.  I obviously can't take off from school so I'll be doing that during those 2 weeks
  • michelle142michelle142 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm taking of the Thursday & Friday before the wedding. I don't work Mondays at all, so I'll be off on the Monday after the wedding as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • molisarmolisar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took the Thursday and Friday off before.  I was limited on vacation time, too and wanted more time for a honeymoon than the days prior.  I felt like the two days off before hand was do-able, however looking back I would have taken a half day on Wednesday.  P.S. you won't get ANY work done the week before your wedding :)
    My Furbaby Baxter Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Took 1/2 day Thursday and all day Friday. Plenty of time off. Probably could have worked all day thursday.
  • edited December 2011
    Thursday and Friday before is pretty standard. That's what I'm going to do also. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm taking off on Friday. I'd like to take off more, but unexpected things came up earlier in the year soooooo, I can only afford 1 day! My mom is taking off the week before and the week after (to recover) so she will have to be my go-to lady and get final things done!
  • edited December 2011
    Great post!!  Something I have been wondering myself.  We are getting married on a Friday on a holiday weekend, so hopefully most people will get the extra day off for 4th of July.  We are also moving out of state so I will be doing long-distance planning for our 7/2/10 wedding and won't be able to come in too early either.Guess I had better plan far in advance!! 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm taking the Thursday, Friday and Saturday off before my Sunday wedding, a week and a half after for honeymoon. My mom and aunt are coming up earlier to help me plan.
  • edited December 2011
    I took the week before and the week after, but this just works well because my job is quieter in the summer when the wedding is. I'm glad to know from the other ladies that only a few days are necessary. I'm doing it just in case.
  • mrs_jeffsonmrs_jeffson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took 4 days off before. That was enough time, but I sure do wish I took more time after! We didnt do the honeymoon right away so I wish I would have had some time to just relax after the wedding. I was back to work right away on monday! 
  • edited December 2011
    Mines out of state so I am taking 6 days off before and 2 days off after to allow time to travel, meet with vendors and transport everything.
    KRHagen November 2009
  • edited December 2011
    1/2 day Thursday, and off Friday for me.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! I think I'm going to do 1/2 day Thursday, and full day off Friday, and cross my fingers. Its interesting to see that everyone does it differently, and all with success! Thank you all!
  • punknpunkn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Only Thursday but I don't work a normal schedule...I don't work Fridays and on Thursdays I work 4p-2am so I obviously wanted to get a full night sleep in Thursday night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards