Chit Chat
Options

NWR: Can't believe I forgot this assignment.

I feel like such a jerk.  I just started this practical clinic at my law school on technology and law.  The website/syllabus for this clinic is, ironically, very hard to use and annoying.  We have class on Monday and Thursday evenings; on Thursday, I turned in the assignment due that day and haven't looked at the website for the class until tonight-- to get ready for Monday's class.

Well, somehow I missed that we had an assignment due Friday.  Why the hell is there an assignment due Friday, in a class that meets Mondays and Thursdays?

I literally don't think I have EVER in my 7 years of higher education completely blown an assignment like this.  I didn't even know the assignment existed until it was already two days late.  I feel like a huge ass.

And I'm such a perfectionist, so now I'm on the verge of tears.  God damn it.

I just emailed my profs to apologize and told them I'll upload it by tomorrow.  I'm way too tired to do it right now.  Awesome end to the weekend.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: NWR: Can't believe I forgot this assignment.

• Options
    cruffinocruffino member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    It's ok, I get it totally. When I was in one class for my PhD, I somehow didn't realize that we were having an in class practice exam. Seriously, I was in shock. So I just gave it the old college try. I was working and going to school so I just was constantly overwhelmed. What can you do? Life happens.
  • Options
    Ugh, that sucks! Hopefully the prof is understanding. I do find it odd to have an assignment due on a day that a class doesn't meet. In the end, though, it's one assignment and it hopefully won't negatively impact your grade, or at least not severely.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Yeah, that's totally something I would give my students a heads up about, and a reminder. Especially if there was an assignment due Thursday. I mean, my students are undergrads, but as a fellow grad student, I'd be pissed if this happened to me. But it's one assignment. Please don't get too upset if they happen to be a dick about it and not accept it.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  It's actually an ungraded (pass/fail) class-- this is the severity of my perfectionism.  Somehow I feel like I'm truly a bad person or something for missing a deadline, it's like I feel it reflects on my personal worth.  I know that is total bullshit and I'm trying to get away from that mentality.

Fi made me a cup of Sleepytime tea and I'm going to bed soon.  I'll have time to do the assignment in the morning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    cruffino said:
    It's ok, I get it totally. When I was in one class for my PhD, I somehow didn't realize that we were having an in class practice exam. Seriously, I was in shock. So I just gave it the old college try. I was working and going to school so I just was constantly overwhelmed. What can you do? Life happens.
    And somehow law school seems to be the only place where working and going to school at the same time is really discouraged.  I work part-time and go to school full-time.  My job isn't overwhelming or anything, but having that extra responsibility added to your day really does make it harder to keep track of things.  Working in law school is severely looked down upon, like you don't take school seriously.  Um, how about I take paying my bills seriously?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @jcbride2014

Yup, they discouraged working for the full time students, but I was part time (still am) and working. I'm an older student with an established job and bills. Gotta pay them automobills!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards