Chit Chat
Options

XP AW: I Just got photos of my sola/preserved flowers and I LOVE them!

I decided to do Sola bouquets, corsages and bouts to save some money. I found someone on Etsy who worked with me to design them, and she just finished and sent me these pictures! Sqqqqeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

First pic:  Groomsmen bout, Groom bout, Ring bearer bout
Second pic: My bouquet next to bms bouquet

Re: XP AW: I Just got photos of my sola/preserved flowers and I LOVE them!

• Options
    Wow, very beautiful! What is a Sola bouquet, btw. I have been considering alternatives to flowers for maybe centerpieces or bouquets.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    Wow, very beautiful! What is a Sola bouquet, btw. I have been considering alternatives to flowers for maybe centerpieces or bouquets.
    The sola flowers are made out of balsa wood - those are the white flowers in my bouquet. There are also preserved roses in there, which are real roses that have been dried and preserved. The bouts and bm bouquets have cotton burrs in them too.

I thought about doing fresh flowers, but I have honestly never been a huge flowers girl and I couldn't see shelling out a few grand for them. These weren't a ton cheaper, but they were less than the quotes I was getting from florists and I feel like I got bigger bouquets with more variety. I paid $1,000 for 6 bm bouquets, 1 bridal bouquet, 13 bouts and 5 corsages.
  • Options
    Pretty!!  I might need to look into this... I wasn't huge on flowers, and I'm getting married in New England in November so there isn't really much going on with flowers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Those are beautiful!
  • Options
    Wow...I didn't even realize this was an option as I have never heard of these. They are so beautiful! This must make it really easy to preserve your bouquet in a shadow box for years if you wanted to. Congrats on your lovely bouquets!
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    The sola flowers are made out of balsa wood - those are the white flowers in my bouquet. There are also preserved roses in there, which are real roses that have been dried and preserved. The bouts and bm bouquets have cotton burrs in them too.

I thought about doing fresh flowers, but I have honestly never been a huge flowers girl and I couldn't see shelling out a few grand for them. These weren't a ton cheaper, but they were less than the quotes I was getting from florists and I feel like I got bigger bouquets with more variety. I paid $1,000 for 6 bm bouquets, 1 bridal bouquet, 13 bouts and 5 corsages.
    Awesome! I'll def have to look into these. The venue we chose only give us 3 options for florists that we must work with, so I'm thinking maybe just have them do the centerpieces/altar, but for the bouquets these Sola ones look amazing. I'm also not a huge flowers girl so I don't want to spend a ton of money on them.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Awesome! Never seen these before and they are lovely.
  • Options
    Wow...I didn't even realize this was an option as I have never heard of these. They are so beautiful! This must make it really easy to preserve your bouquet in a shadow box for years if you wanted to. Congrats on your lovely bouquets!
    Yes this was another reason I was excited about it! They have already been preserved so they aren't going to change, at least not for a long time. My wedding isn't until October but my Etsy seller said she'd prefer to do my order now and she said it would be no big deal for them to sit in my closet until October - that they'd look exactly the same. After the wedding I'm going to go use the bouquets in our living room to decorate - if the bms don't want to keep them. 
  • Options
    Very pretty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards