Wedding Party

Family pushing for a certain girl to be flower girl

Hi everyone! i am new here and recently engaged. we are planning on getting married may 16th, 2015. i have three children and my fiance has one. we want to involve all of our children (we have all boys) the two older ones are going to be junior groomsmen, my then 6 yo will be the ring bearer and my then 3 yo is going to be our flower boy. my fiances family is pushing us to use his niece as the flower girl and include his nephew in the wedding also. honestly, my fiance does not get along with his brother and does not even want him in the wedding. we are also having no children besides our children, and that is for the ceromony and part of the reception and then a babysitter is taking them. How do i put my foot down without being a bitch? our wedding is not just celebrating our marriage, it is celebrating our family becoming one.

Re: Family pushing for a certain girl to be flower girl

• what Addie said.

This is your FI's fight. And if he's family says something about it to you, refuse to engage. Bean dip them.

Anniversary
  • Hi everyone! i am new here and recently engaged. we are planning on getting married may 16th, 2015. i have three children and my fiance has one. we want to involve all of our children (we have all boys) the two older ones are going to be junior groomsmen, my then 6 yo will be the ring bearer and my then 3 yo is going to be our flower boy. my fiances family is pushing us to use his niece as the flower girl and include his nephew in the wedding also. honestly, my fiance does not get along with his brother and does not even want him in the wedding. we are also having no children besides our children, and that is for the ceromony and part of the reception and then a babysitter is taking them. How do i put my foot down without being a bitch? our wedding is not just celebrating our marriage, it is celebrating our family becoming one.
    Ditto PP.  This is your FI's family and he should be the one who says, "Sorry, the WP has been decided and the subject is closed."
  • Just a simple "While Julie would make an adorable flower girl, to keep things simple we're going to have our kids as the only kids as part of the ceremony."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards