Wisconsin

Save-the-Dates

I was [am?] planning to send the STDs as our Christmas/New Year's/Seasons Greetings card.  Anyone have suggestions?  Should I order online or is there a local place someone can recommend?  I really love the magnet idea, but I also wanted to use one of our e-pics on it.  I just realized that I need to get on this ASAP if I plan on sending them out in a month, holy crap!TIA!

Re: Save-the-Dates

• edited December 2011
    I used magnetstreet.com (I think). They were very fast and inexpensive. We decided against using a photo of us on the magnet. My fiancee had a point... "who wants to see our picture on their fridge for the next six months?" A cute magnet with a design might stick around a little longer. Nice thought when you want your money's worth. Congratulations! L. J.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Very. Good. Point. Especially considering they'd have our pic on the fridge for almost a year! I guess not everyone is as obsessed as I am with our e-pics haha. I do remember seeing really cute paper stuff at Savvy Bride; I just wonder how much $ I'll have to check out that website though. Thanks!
  • michelle142michelle142 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made mine myself using Illustrator and Vistaprint. I got 100 of them for $12
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Second vistaprint.  Sign up for their emails and you'll be able to order STD's for really cheap.  They constantly have sales.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I also used vista print to make post cards for our save the dates but I did use our e-pics...oh well they turned out cut.  I also like the magnet idea however to save money on stamps I opted for the post card so the shipping will only be the 16 cents postcard stamp!
  • BackpackersBackpackers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I fourth VistPrint! I also did the postcard route and they turned out fantastic. You can download a free trial of Illustrator if you want to design your own (what I did). If you want your e-pic on there, I don't see a problem. I would think people would like to see your smiling faces! :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing save-the-date/holiday cards too. I used SnapFish and got a really great deal. They had a lot of layouts to choose from and I was very happy with the end result.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  Sounds like you all got some awesome deals.  Vistaprint intimidates me a little bit, but probably just because I've never used it before.  I've heard good things about it though, including what you've all just told me.  Here is another question, do the STD's have to be the same color scheme as the wedding?  I still haven't completely decided on our colors.
  • BackpackersBackpackers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As with most things WR, it's completely up to you!!! I think traditionally they don't match the color scheme at all. Mine are simply a calendar with our date made to stand out. I put some leaves falling in the background just because the wedding will be in fall. But really, I say do whatever you think looks good and you're happy with. Have fun with them and don't worry about the color scheme!
  • edited December 2011
    I forgot to mention.... Look on the web for coupons. Just a random google search is how I found 15% off my order. I thought $100 for 75 3x4 magnets (the size of two stacked business cards) made for a fun conversation piece. We did not order the same amount we will need for invitations. We decided to narrow the magnet order to people who we KNOW we hope will attend, as well as one magnet per household type thing. When we did that list, it was about 50 less magnets. "More bang for the buck!" We still have people talking to us about them.... Now, I need to talk invites. That is another post. LOL.
    Anniversary
  • kschool10kschool10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vistaprint is definitely GREAT!  And super reliable.  The business card size magnets work very well, and you can download your picture to one of their templates or design your own.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards