Wedding Woes
Options

FRIDAY!!

w00t!!

What's up for the weekend?

We're not doing much at all.  DH has to help his uncle move tomorrow morning and then we're celebrating FIL's birthday tomorrow night.  Sunday, I think we're sleeping in and being bums. 

I bought myself some vouchers off Ruelala for Boden yesterday and ordered concert tickets for DH and I to go see his favorite band in concert. .  My shoes should be here today!!  :D  

Re: FRIDAY!!

• Options
    Annndddd...I just went to take the trash to the curb and saw flurries.  60's and rain yesterday, 30's and flurries today.  

• Options

They're playing one of my favorite movies ever, Amadeus, at the local indie theater this weekend, so my ass is going on Saturday. I'm stoked as hell. One of my friends was supposed to come up for it, but she runs a local red tent and their monthly meeting is Sunday, so she can't come :<.

We're probably going to be watching all of the newest season on Game of Thrones this weekend. Husband picked it up the other day, but we can't remember where the previous season left off, so we figured we'd just watch Archer until the weekend then spend the whole weekend binge watching GoT. We also want to go to the local used books megastore because husband needs more Prachett.

This weekend will also probably be tax filing now that I've gotten documentation from the mortgage company and my HSA. I have to end up paying taxes every year instead of getting a refund, so I'm hoping we either break even or get some refund now that we're filing jointly, as husband always gets a refund. We want to buy him a new car to replace his Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight, so with the combination of last year's and this year's bonus, a tax refund would be awesome to have a really bitchin' down payment.

• Options
    We didn't have any plans until last night.  Well, technically we still don't.  But the ILs want to have the kids overnight tomorrow, so DH and I will be doing SOMETHING.  I'm pushing for a movie at the cheap theater (Devil's Due - @baconsmom, did you see that one?) and having teh sechs without hearing a kid screaming/running/fighting/knocking on the door/etc.  Because they only do that when we're trying to bone.

Conn - what band?
  • Options

It's pouring rain right now, and I have to go by the RD site and the cake shop during lunch today.

There's a lot of cleaning and laundry to be done this weekend. Meeting with my officiant tomorrow morning. Need to do grocery/welcome bag shopping, plus more wedding details.

I also have to do some work stuff over the weekend so my boss isn't pissy on Monday- hey, I'm only one person, and when you pile on extra stuff that's "Imminent priority" the lower priority stuff gets moved around.

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2014
    Taw-Black Label Society. 

Zakk Wylde, the lead singer, used to be Ozzy's guitarist.  

I like them OK.  They're a little heavy for my tastes, but I want DH to come see Book of Mormon with me in June.  This is our trade-off.  ;) 

I need to buy myself a t-shirt of theirs and go buy the Doc Martens I saw on clearance at DSW the other day.  ;) 
  • Options
    Gotcha.  I haven't heard of them.  I miss going to concerts.  We used to go to several per year.
  • Options
    We used to do a lot more concerts too. 

I may take the kiddo to his first concert this summer.  The Script and One Republic are coming and tickets are rather cheap. The kiddo and I like them both. 

But, it's in August and we don't know where we'll be living...so yeah. 
  • Options
    Ugh.  Your unknown move stuff makes ME anxious.

Son went to his first concert when I was pregnant with DD2.  It was a birthday present from us and DH took him.  I made sure he had the good ear plugs.  I could just see us letting him go deaf at age 10.  He had a blast.
  • Options

My weekend is over-booked and I woke up with a head cold, ugg. 

Tonight is dinner and shopping with a good friend that has been going through a lot in the last year and I hope to give her a fun little break. 

Tommorrow I have to be at my church by 6am to drive to a VBS training that will take all day (and make me our association trainer, not really a job I was looking to take on), then rush home for grandson's 2nd birthday party.  Then, dinner out with H and friends.

Sunday - church then fund raiser lunch for the VBS that I have to cook and clean up from.  Then straight to work 6 hours at a consignment sale that I agreed to help DIL with before I realized the date was the same. 

• Options
    Weekend will mostly be quiet.

H works tonight at midnight---'til 8 AM and then goes back at 4pm to midnight Saturday night.  I'll be a solo show most of Saturday, and Sunday it'll be recoup.  I'd like to get some cleaning done, but it'll have to be after 4pm, because I really really REALLY don't want to interrupt H's sleep.

I am supposed to be having drinks/coffee with a friend tomorrow afternoon, but she is a notorious flake, so we'll see. 
  • Options

We are meeting my family for dinner at a Japanese Hibachi place tonight.  Tomorrow we hope to go to SIL's in the morning.  It's about an hours drive so it will depend on the road conditions.  Other than those things, nothing else planned.

We ended up with 9+ inches of snow and are still under a blizzard warning until noon due to high winds and very limitted visibility.  I'm at work but most of the staff who live out of town are not. 

• Options
    Probably not much fun.

I got official confirmation for a business/training trip to SF. Yay!! So I need to start pricing out hotels, plane tix. And I'm working on my regulatory coding certification, so I'll blitz thru the reading material and use the business trip as an opportunity to catch the backfill and other items for future projects.

And probably start putting together another training session on genetic/gene marker, tumor profiling and sequencing that gets done. Because the overall expertise level is scaring the crap out of me. Fun stuff, boy howdy.

Maybe we'll eke out something fun too :-/
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Blergh. I do not want to work. My normal daycare lady is sick so I had to bring the kids to my mom's house- thank god she could watch them. DH's birthday is today so no idea what we'll do tonight. Tomorrow we are going to FIL's house for a party for DH, then Sunday it's over to my parents house for another party. My friend is having her baby today and I'd like to go see her and the baby some time as well.
  • Options
    Tonight is bday stuff with my parents.  Tomorrow is a game day, which I'm really excited about.  Sunday is a closed board meeting that is going to be difficult, but at least a new page awaits at the end, it just remains to be seen which page it is.  Then, one of my BFFs from college is coming into town.  I haven't seen her for far too long and I'm super excited.  Busy weekend, but hopefully mostly good.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Varuna!
  • Options
    Thanks, @MNNEBride.  It's actually not until Wednesday, but it's easier this way.  :)
  • Options

This morning we got 1749 lbs of cabinets delivered, picked 2 slabs of granite, and found some barstools we like (the price though ugh). 

The only thing on for the weekend is picking a microwave.

• Options
    I have not seen it yet. I'm champing at the bit, though. Devil babies? YES. 

I also missed Paranormal Activity 4. I'm looking forward to GayH being out of town for a few weeks so I can catch up on my solo movie watching. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards