Chit Chat

hi, hello and how do you do?

loro929loro929 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited February 2014 in Chit Chat
Hi everyone! 
I have been lurking // commenting here and there for some time now and I figured that maybe I should introduce myself to this fabulous group of people who have been giving me lots of ideas and teaching me the rules-of-the-road when it comes to wedding etiquette. 
I have been engaged since this past August and over the holidays my fiancee and I have finally set the date for August 2015. 
I met my fiancee a little over 4 years ago in Europe (we will have been together for 6 when we say our "i do's"!), time really flies when you are having fun :) 
Anyway, although I have been living in Europe for the past 5 years now, we have decided to get  married in my homestate of NJ, which I am very excited about! However, planning a wedding from overseas certainly has its ups and downs (after dinner Skype calls at 11PM with vendors has become the norm and wedding review sites have become my best friends !!).
With that being said... (I don't want to bore anyone's ears (or in this case eyes? :D) off) ...I just wanted to say hello to everyone!! thanks for everything thus far!! and that I feel like this is the beginning of a beeeautiful friendship : )

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: hi, hello and how do you do?

• Welcome to Chit Chat :)

• Fun! What country to do you live in? I have been to about 10 European countries but I'm still dying to go to Czech and France! 

• loro929loro929 member
    edited February 2014
    @Jells2dot0 Thanks!!

@jenna8984 I currently live in Spain! I came here while I was in the university for a study abroad program, fell in love (with the country, with the FI came a little bit later :P), and made it my mission to come back when I could... and I have been here ever since :). Just last year I visited Prague for the first time (just for a long weekend) and I loved it! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nice!! I went to Barcelona when I was 12 so I don't really remember anything specific but I remember how beautiful it was and that I absolutely loved it. I'll have to go back as an adult! And happy wedding planning!

• Welcome! Looking forward to chatting with ya :)

I have never been to Spain, but it is one of the top places on my list. I would like to go there later this year or maybe for our honeymoon. My parents went to vacation there a few months ago, and they loved it!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Greetings and salutations!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Welcome!

And oooh, Spain! One of my best friends just came back from over a year in Spain and he loooooved it.

Also, I got engaged in August, too! Congrats! :)

• Thanks for the welcomes everyone!
    I look forward to chatting with you all!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome! Spain is fantastic - FI and I were just there in September. 

Where in Jersey are you planning your wedding?
  • loro929loro929 member
    edited February 2014
    @ClimbingBridgeNY You and FI chose a great time to visit, September still has great weather, minus all of the crowds. Where did you visit when you were here? 
    I am from up north in the "just outside of NYC zone" and planning the wedding there also! (You will definitely find me over on the NJ board in the upcoming months, looking for tips and suggestions too :P). Are you also planning in NJ? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • laceybirdlaceybird member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    Welcome aboard! :)

I've never been to Spain, but I hear it's beautiful. I made my first over-seas trip this past September to visit my mom in Germany, and we took a day-trip to Switzerland. Absolutely beautiful. <3
    Anniversary
  • Hiii! I'm a northern NJ bride, who plans on going to Spain for our honeymoon! Happy planning!
  • Hello and Welcome.  I hope to visit Spain one day!

Anniversary
  • @laceybird I have never visited Switzerland or Germany, but I certainly hope to one day! The landscapes of both of those countries seems absolutely beautifully (plus the food, chocolates and cheeses, oh my it must have been heavenly :) ) @AshleyNicole1218 we are planning twins! Do you know what part of Spain you want to visit for you HM or travel around a bit? @erinlin25 hello and thanks!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi there! Another north Jersey bride here-- the JC stands for my new home of Jersey City.  And I currently have a couple of friends living in Madrid!  They went in undergrad for a study abroad and loved it so much they went back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Hi @JCBride2014 ! I have some friends that live near JC (in Hoboken actually), I was just visiting them over the holidays. I love that area so much, so many great restaurants, bars, shops. In fact, I told my FI that if we end up moving stateside that is definitely the area where I would want to go! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards