Chit Chat

LAST DAY!!!

Today is my last day at work. I'm pretty stoked. I have another 5-ish hours and then I am DONE!

Today has already been busy -- got up for a salon appointment at 9 a.m. to fix my ombre mishap from yesterday; ran errands; got to work earlier than usual.

I'm tired and need a nap.

How's everyone else's day going?
Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'

Re: LAST DAY!!!

• Ombre mishap? Oh dear.

Today is going pretty well - trying my test from yesterday again because I totally botched it right at the very end. Waiting for my afternoon meeting. Going to look at a townhome tonight (exciting!).
  • Today is my last day at work. I'm pretty stoked. I have another 5-ish hours and then I am DONE!

Today has already been busy -- got up for a salon appointment at 9 a.m. to fix my ombre mishap from yesterday; ran errands; got to work earlier than usual.

I'm tired and need a nap.

How's everyone else's day going?
    I was just going to ask how the hair turned out. Dare I inquire further?

This has been thee longest week ever. Three stays of strategic planning with the BOR, lots of fires back in the office, and I'm flippin' sore from that stupid barre class (that I'm fixin' to go to again today). I can't wait for 4:00 pm so I can go home, take off my bra, and drink wine.

...and yay for the final 5 hours. That deserves a big ol' WOOT!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I thought it looked fine, but my stylist was fussing that the colours didn't blend enough, so she really wanted me to come back in today so she could re-blend the colours and it was free, so why not?

I think it looks pretty great!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Sign of a good stylist, IMO. Now, let's see pics!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have been thinking about getting a new job. I am working 14 hour days and totally stressed out (and no time for knotting). I was just informed that I got a raise!!! YAY!!!!!!  My boss went to bat for me to get more more money so now I feel bad that I still want to look for a new job. For now, I am just happy that I am getting more money to help pay wedding costs.

• Woohoo! Please consider all the happy/celebratory GIFs from my other thread posted here as well ('cause I'm too lazy to repost them)!
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • YAY!!!

Me?   Woke with what  think is  a sinus infection.  boo.

Work sucks, actually told the "manager" that I was going to quit if he didn't clean  up his act.   Mind you big boss/owner man is manager's dad.  Boss man told manager/son that if I quit because of him he will be fired also.  Manager is a little scared right now.  Ha.

DH started dinner service last night.  So I'm on my own.  Weekend plans include getting keys to our new place.   Suppose to get up to a foot of snow this weekend, so I'm not really upset that our stuff will not be arriving.  Just found out the old tenant did NOT hire a professional cleaner and cleaned the place himself.  So I get to see how clean the place really is. I will either hire someone at the owner's expense or will be able to clean it myself (still at the owner's expense).

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Emmy1493Emmy1493 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Woo-hoo !!! Best feeling ever! As for your hair, I am excited to see. I have wanted to try that look, just haven't ever gotten around to it. Also because the area I live in charges an arm and a leg for cut and color of any kind.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yay to your last day at the job!!

I wanna see the Ombre too! We had a volunteer event at work in which we packaged meals which will be shipped overseas. No one told me we would be standing for 2 hours. I wore heels. I'm pretty sure I lost sensation in my feet. I'm also exhausted and now have a slight headache. But it's Friday, yay!!!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Ooo I'd love to see how your hair turned out! And congrats on the last day! Those 5 hours are probably the longest 5 hours ever!
  • Congrats on your last day! I can't wait to see how your hair turned out. U
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards