Wedding Woes

Worried about Tuxes

My groom has yet to find a time that he can go pick out the tux style he wants or get fitted. I wouldn't be as concerned but most of our wedding party lives quite a ways away from the tux rental service we are using. The wedding is still 6 months away but we have 7 groomsmen so I feel like it may take a while for everyone to get their measurements in. When should I start getting concerned? Is there a deadline people normally follow for ordering the tuxes?

Re: Worried about Tuxes

• DH and his GM wore suits, so I can't really help you on the timeline, but call up the tuxedo rental place and ask what they recommend for a timeline. 

Most places will allow you to measure yourself and send in your measurements (especially with tuxes, because men's clothing only comes in so many sizes).

But I'd have your FI (or you) call the tux place and find out what kind of timeline they need, then go in and get measured and fitted and pick the tux he wants. 
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I would ask your tux shop about a normal timeline/deadline.  I had a bridesman who had to travel internationally and was a very last minute decision if he could come.  Our tux guy told us he needed measurements 2 weeks before the wedding to avoid a rush fee.  There was a deadline after which we wouldn't have been able to get the tux even with the rush fee, but I can't remember what it was (we made the 2 week mark).
  • We went to Men's Warehouse, and they wanted all of the guys to get measured by the beginning of Feb for our wedding at the end of April. As @HisGirlFriday13 said, men's clothing only comes in so many sizes, so it's not like they'll have to get the tuxes altered. 
  • I agree with the others about calling the store and asking about deadlines.

But also check to see if your groomsmen can be measured at a shop local to them and have the measurements sent to your store.  We have done this for every out of town wedding my husband has been in and our out of town groomsmen did the same for our wedding.  There is usually no need for your out of town guys to travel to your store just for measurements.
  • Alright thanks guys!
  • You could just have them all wear their best dark suits.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards