Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Veil or No Veil

I have exactly 2 months until my wedding and I can't decide whether I want to wear a veil or just a floral headpiece. My wedding is on the beach in Key West and I need to make a decision. I'm wearing a strapless dress with lace-up back. 

Re: Veil or No Veil

• Options
    I would skip the veil.  I typically love a long veil but when you have your wedding outside, especially near the water where the wind can be blowing pretty good the veil tends to blow around like crazy and can end up being really annoying.

I think for a beach wedding a nice floral headpiece would be lovely and you wouldn't have to worry about fabric randomly blowing around your face.

• Options
    I lol'd @doeydo!

Love the last one! Hahaha!

You could do a birdcage instead, or a small veil? I think flowers sound lovely!
  • Options
    For a beach wedding, skip the veil. @doeydo provided excellent evidence!
  • Options
    thanks girls and thanks for the laugh @doeydo lol
  • Options

The examples are true! My friend got married on the beach in Cancun and her veil was flying everywhere and she couldn't deal with fixing it anymore so halfway through the ceremony she ripped it off and handed it to her sister.

• Options
    Honestly - I'd take a shorter veil and a headpiece and decide on the day (when else do you get to wear a veil?!)

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm having an outdoor ceremony and decided to skip the veil. I wasn't really set on one anyway. I am going to have a cute jeweled clip in my hair. I like other people's suggestions of a bird veil if you must have a veil.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you choose to do a short veil, you could put gem "veil weights" on the end to hold it down. Test on a windy day.

image   image   image

• Options
    edited March 2014
    One of my friends (and BMs) nearly choked her husband on their wedding day with her long veil! I'd bring one no longer than elbow-length and decide at the last second whether or not to use it. And definitely no blusher. Having my hair blown into my lip gloss on a windy day is bad enough; it would be so gross with a blusher getting smashed into it!

• Options
    I'd been thinking long veil and blusher--and wondering how that would look with my dress--but you ladies are so right! It didn't even occur to me to plan for wind messing with my hair! (Just everything else, lol!)
  • Options
    I wasn't wanting a veil, but my mom had her heart set on me having one, so I'm getting one.

For an outdoor wedding, near the water, I'd go with the floral headpiece too. It will be simple and pretty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards