Wedding Reception Forum
Options

venue wedding coordinator quit right before my wedding.

edited March 2014 in Wedding Reception Forum

So I have had my venue booked for my wedding for a little over a year. I have been dealing with the same woman as my coordinator for the entire time and she has most of my details in order and ensured me many times she would be there on my big day. 3 weeks ago I sent her my final head count and asked for my final price so I could cut a check, no response. I emailed and called a few more times and still no response. I figured she was on vacation, so I left it alone for a while. Then today I sent another email and got one back from someone else from the venue informing that she had quit some time ago and that he would get me the information I needed by the end of the night. My wedding is in 11 days. I didn't get the information I requested, and he has no idea about any of the things I had discussed with the previous coordinator. I am like really upset but trying not to freak out because I feel like it is somehow my fault? But I really feel like they should have let me know she was leaving, I didn't have any other contact information for another coordinator. Would you be upset?

Edit: I think what I was most annoyed about is that in the email I received today he said "Hey, thanks for reaching out!" like it was my job to make sure the person I was working with still worked there...

Re: venue wedding coordinator quit right before my wedding.

• Options
    I definitely think that they should have contacted anyone with events booked and let them know that there was a new coordinator. If I were you, I would set up a meeting ASAP with the new coordinator to go over all the details and make sure you are on the same page.
  • Options
    I definitely think that they should have contacted anyone with events booked and let them know that there was a new coordinator. If I were you, I would set up a meeting ASAP with the new coordinator to go over all the details and make sure you are on the same page.
    Definitely this.  Bring all your paperwork to that meeting.  Go over every single thing that was discussed, and if necessary, make sure the new coordinator's boss is also present.
  • Options
    The new coordinator actually gave me a call today to go over some things and I set up an appointment for this saturday. She actually seems a lot better at her job than the last one so I'm hoping things go smoothly from here on out
  • Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

Similiar thing happened to me, but not as soon before my wedding.   I emailed my coordinator a few times with no response (which wasn't normal).  Finally i contacted the venue and found out she quit.  I was annoyed they didn't bother to notify anyone, or at the very least monitor her emails/put an out of office with the new person to contact!   At least the new person I am dealing with seems to know what is going on and offered to set up a meeting to go over everything again.

Good Luck, hope it works out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards