Wedding Etiquette Forum

NER-Wedding Under A tent

Fiance and I were looking at having our wedding in a park and renting one of those big white tents. Give me your honest opinion, what do you think? Here are our thoughts so far....

Pro's-
-Cost The tent will be about $600 and the space around $400, of course we would spend around $400 on tables and chairs, but it's still pretty              good
-Outdoors. I love nature and think it will be pretty to be outside in GA at the start of spring (March

Cons-
-Outdoors (possibly being too hot, too cold, rain)
-Public Park- Random people could be there looking on at our wedding. 

Re: NER-Wedding Under A tent

• I had my wedding under a tent.  We had fans to help with the heat.   No regrets.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • FI and I thought about having our wedding in a park as well. I'm a big fan!

I think that's a great cost and I love the outdoors as well.

As for the cons, you could do some weather research and see what the weather is usually like on whatever day you're planning to have it. As for people looking on, I wouldn't personally worry too much about it.

Good luck!
  • Unless you are Beyoncé planning a secret second wedding, the only people looking on will likely be ordinary people using the park who see a wedding and watch for a couple minutes a respectful distance away. $600 for tent rental sounds like a great deal to me !
  • That sounds gorgeous to me!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • lol I wish I was Beyonce!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    You'll be in Savannah so I think March will actually be a great time of year! The humidity shouldn't be much of a problem that time of year and it definitely won't be too cold that far south and so close to the coast. Rain is a concern no matter what time of year it is, you'll just have to roll with it. I'd check to see what average rainfall amounts are like in Savannah that time of year but temp wise you should be pretty comfortable!

• I'm getting married outside at a state park in a public area.  There will probably be people I don't know in the general vicinity of the ceremony.  But as the catering manager/wedding coordinator for the park said: "What bride doesn't want people looking at her walking down the aisle in her wedding dress?"

It's not like they are going to come take a seat at the ceremony in their bathing suits or hiking shorts.... 

I say go for it.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Fans or outdoor heaters should fix any weather issues you have, unless it's the coldest or hottest day of the year. 

I think tent weddings are nice. 
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My parents hosted all of our b'nai mitzvah parties under tents on our front lawn (we had a huge front yard). These parties were in New England in June, July, and October (rained on the June one). Ended up being super easy and totally fine. My uncle was telling me how jealous he is that he doesn't have such a big yard, because when his boys are older, he's going to have to rent a space somewhere for the post-ceremony party.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I love tent weddings. :) 

I think the temperature that time of year should be okay, and you can get sides for the tent in case of rain. 

I wouldn't worry too much about people looking/staring. My friend got married in a park in the middle of her city, and people just glanced over and then went about their business.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards