• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Vendor review 3/1/14

Church---St. Paul Cathedral--A.   It's very gorgeous, long aisle to walk down.  The coordinator was good, the organist helped with music selections and chose a superb female vocalist for us (Christina McCann). 

Reception---Pittsburgh Athletic Association--A.   Also very beautiful, lots of old details.  Service and food were very good. Mike McChesney did everything he could to accomodate us prior to the wedding and the day of.   

Hair Stylist---Brooke Rockwell--A.  Found her after reading a lot of other reviews.  Everyone's hair looked great, including mine.  Hair held up very nicely all day. Brooke was very prompt to answer questions, and she and her sister were very prompt and ran on time.

Makeup Artist---All Dolled Up--A.  LOVED my makeup!  Audrey Griffith did a tremendous job for both my trial and wedding.  I received many compliments on both.  Audrey was very friendly, laid back.  She and her assistant were professional, on time, kept to the day of schedule.  Very happy I found Audrey. 

Photography---The Brand Studio--A.  Sean and John were great to work with.  Loved their work, professionalism, they responded quickly to all emails, and were also accessible over facetime to meet with us (we planned everything from out of town).  They helped plan out our morning/first look timeline.  Got our slideshow 4 days after the wedding, and our proofs and album design little over a week after the wedding!    Everyone from our friends and family has raved over the photos we've shared so far. 

DJ/Uplighting---Jeremy Ganss--B+  We found Jeremy thru many other vendors recommending him (including a DJ here in Philly).  Jeremy is very professional, prompt to answer emails, and very detail oriented for the day of.  After looking at his website/blog and finding out that he will never play the chicken dance/electric slide and the like, we knew Jeremy was the way to go.  His planning and work that he does ahead of time was superb (A).  He plans out the entire reception and coordinates with all of the other vendors the week of so everyone has a timeline for the night.  His cocktail music was exactly what we wanted (Frank Sinatra, etc), and our dance floor was packed all night.  The uplighting was GORGEOUS (A)!   We didn't not like anything but there were some songs played that husband and I commented that we wish they hadn't been.  On Jeremy's website you can select must play/don't play/would like to hear that we put in a number of songs, but maybe we should have included more? 

Photobooth---Shutterbooth--A.  Loved the photos.  They provided props, an assistant (I don't know if this is mandatory---my husband organized this vendor).  We designed our own tag for the photos.  You get a printout of the photos.  Few days after the wedding we got an online link to see all the photos from that night. 

Flowers---Gidas--A.  LOVED my flowers!   Laurie is very sweet, knowledgeable and easy to work with.  She helped shape my vision, and answered all my emails very timely.   They delivered all flowers on time to our hotel room, and made the fresh flowers on our cake look so pretty.  Very happy with Laurie and everyone at Gidas. 

Cake---Bethel Bakery--A.  Delicious.  We're not big cake people, but it was very, very good!   We did an almond flavored batter with raspberry filling.  

Shuttle/Transportation---All Star Limo--B.  They were very easy to get booked and the man Emil was very nice over the phone.  Driver arrived on time, shuttle was clean.  But then driver forgot/got lost/we don't know what happened to him when he was instructed to pick us up from our photos.  Husband and I walked 6 blocks to reception since driver was no where to be found.  

Bridal dress---Bridal Beginning--A.  Fantastic shop.  All of the women were very helpful from the sales team to alterations.  Loved the dress selection, and mine came in much earlier than they originally told me.  My mom also got her dress and alterations done here and did a fantastic job with my dress and my mom's.  

BM dresses---Pearlsplace.com--A.  SOO happy I ordered online.  I was nervous at first if it was legit to order online.  I saw many others' reviews of pearlsplace and went out on a limb.  They woman who helped reassured me several times that I did not need to rush order (another online place said I would have to rush and pay an extra $50/dress) and that they would arrive on time.  I ordered Sept/Oct for our March wedding.  Dresses were shipped to girls early January (about 4 wks ahead of schedule), and were $70 cheaper than brick and motar shops carrying the dress.  The dresses are not knock-offs either.  You can call/email for updates on shipping and they promptly responded.

Stationary---Wedding Paper Divas.com--A.  Loved our invites!  You can customize pretty much everything (font, color, size, etc).  Compared to stationary shops, they were more reasonably priced.  Their customer service was great to rectify a problem we had and even removed the shipping cost and gave us a discount for their mistake.  

Re: Vendor review 3/1/14

• I am so happy to hear your thoughts on PAA and Brooke!  I am using them on My 31st!  Congrats to you and your new hubs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards