Chit Chat

@banana468 Well, no one from Michigan is going to the final 4

Oh Banana - I watched UConn and the Spartans last half today.  My boys choked!!!!  I am a super fairweather sports fan - I watch the last half of big games.  I sooo wanted to see the Spartans go all the way since they won the Rose Bowl, but it was not to be.  UConn played really well and my guys gave out free throws like candy.  They just weren't settled down at all.

The Weasel's, er, I mean Wolverines lost today too so all Michigan teams are down for the count.  I hope your UConn guys go all the way, they really played well.

I am watching a Doobie Brothers concert and Knotting to drown my sorrows.  Damn Damn Damn.

Re: @banana468 Well, no one from Michigan is going to the final 4

• My DH is crying.  He had both of them going to the Final Four.

Also the Princess Lacey/Adreian Payne story even made my DH choke up.  What a class act he is. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm sorry that Spartans lost but I'm spurt glad the wolverines lost. I'm a UK alum.
  • Gator fan, here :)
  • DH and I are SO excited! I spent a lot of time yelling at the TV and thankfully DD didn't wake up from her nap! DH isn't sure if he wants me to watch the game next Saturday since I get so worked up. :-)

Tomorrow DD will be wearing her UCONN cheerleader outfit to preschool and I think I may sport the navy and white items that actually fit!
  • I am sure Chiquita will send good karma to the team with her outfit tomorrow.  Good luck!  
  • Thanks! I'm remembering my college days with fondness!
  • @banana468, When my daughter was in her senior year at UConn, Sue Bird and Asia Jones lived in the apartment above her. My dad was star struck by the Women Huskies and loved to go with us to campus, for any reason, in hopes of seeing one of the basketball players, and his granddaughter, too : ) 

• @MairePoppy, I was there at the same time as your daughter! I graduated in the spring of 02 (DH graduated in Dec '02 after needing an extra semester due to breaking his clavicle while sledding on Horsebarn Hill in '01).

The men who their first title my freshman year and I think the campus hasn't been the same since.

• What a coincidence, banana. It was an exciting time to be at Uconn and still is. When they win the championship, there will be a huge street party in front of Gampel.

My daughter had stories about sliding down Horsebarn Hill. I'm sure they were censored for parental consumption, which is the way I like it. 

• BTW, here is my favorite UConn cheerleader!   Photo was taken last night on the hub's phone.   Apologies that it's huge and grainy!

Displaying IMG_20140331_193730.jpg
  • I am from MI and  HUGE Spartan fan. I had them going all the way (before Obama picked them!!). Sunday was a sad day for Michigan. But at least the Tigers won yesterday!!
  • banana468 said:
    BTW, here is my favorite UConn cheerleader!   Photo was taken last night on the hub's phone.   Apologies that it's huge and grainy!

Displaying IMG_20140331_193730.jpg
    Boohoo - the picture isn't showing up for me.  Can anyone else see it?  I wanna see Chiquita!
  • vk2204 said:
    I am from MI and  HUGE Spartan fan. I had them going all the way (before Obama picked them!!). Sunday was a sad day for Michigan. But at least the Tigers won yesterday!!
    I had to laugh at the bolded.  The guys at work (well we are the great divide, half Spartans, half Weasels) let go with a few expletives and said we were screwed because Obama had the Spartans in  his brackets.  I am still sad but will be hoping UConn takes it all the way.  If my team can't have it I want the guys that beat them to go all the way.

Oh yeah - yay for the Tigers!
  • Hey hey, UConn fans and alums! I graduated in '07. I actually canceled plans for this Saturday so I can watch the game.
  • @kmmssg, are you viewing in Chrome?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards