Attire & Accessories Forum

XP: Purchasing a tux

So my Fi has decided he might buy a tux this afternoon.  Not for our wedding, but for a graduation ball at my school.  Macy's is having a sale that means he can buy for the same price as renting.  And because my work often buys tickets to BT fundraisers, chances are decent he will wear it again.

If he's going to buy a tux, it seems like he should wear it to the wedding, right?  But it's too early to ask his guys to buy their tuxes now, too.  Have you ever seen a groom have a different tux than the GM?  Is there a way to do it so they're different enough that it looks intentional?  Or just get ones that are so similar nobody would probably notice?

I realized I know zero anything about tuxes, except they look dashing.  How do I help him pick one?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: XP: Purchasing a tux

• Tuxedos should be black.  Other than that, they don't need to match exactly.  I do hope you are having an evening wedding, though.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @CMGragain Sorry for the slow reply, I never got the notification about this.  I thought of you when we were talking about tuxes, actually.  Yes, it's a 6:30pm very formal wedding.  I am also not a fan of tuxes in the daytime!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards