Wedding Party

Is a flower girl necessary?

I've looked through all my guests and there is no girl young enough to be a flower girl.  The youngest is 10.  Is that too old?  Is it really necessary to have one?  It wouldn't be as strange if we didn't have any groomsmen or bridesmaids, but we do. 

Re: Is a flower girl necessary?

• Not necessary in the slightest. Don't think about it for another second. 
  • Also...if I don't have a flower girl, I wouldn't have a ring bearer, either.  It would just be odd to have one and not the other.
  • I'm having a ring bearer but no flower girl. If you have someone you want to be a ring bearer, ask. It is not required to have both, there is nothing wrong woth having one and not the other.

Anniversary
  • It is not necessary to have a flower girl.

It is also not weird to have a ring bearer and no flower girl and vice versa.

• You don't have to have a flower girl, but you can have a ring bearer but no flower girl and vice versa.
  • The only reason to have a flower girl is if you have a young girl you're close to whom you want to honor. If this doesn't apply to you, don't ask anyone. The same for a ringbearer, and the two have nothing to do with one another.
  • We aren't having either, but you could certainly have one or the other if you wanted to.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We are having a ring bearer and no flower girl. I have one nephew (5 y/o) and two nieces (17 y/o and 18 y/o). I wanted all of them in my wedding, but obviously my nieces are too old to be flower girls. There are no other children we wanted to put in our wedding so there's no flower girl. It's no big deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards