Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

country first dance song?

We're having a hard time finding the perfect song. We want a country song that's pretty recent. My fiance would like it to be really recent. I would like it to have some mention of God.

We don't like God Gave Me You. I kinda like Bless the Broken Road, but he's not crazy about it.

Suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: country first dance song?

• I don't know how much country you're looking for. FI and I love Aaron Lewis, he used to be in Staind in the 90's doing rock and now he does he own solo country albums and we love him. But it's not typical Garth Brooks type country. Anyway, we're doing the song "Tangled up in you". Find it on youtube. 

• donethatdonethat member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    It's hard to find a recent country song that's sweet and slow (and doesn't talk about partying, or being sexy, or drinking ... even the slow ones!)

Here's a few ideas to listen to and check out the lyrics

Check out a guy named Eric Michael.  He has a wedding collection including this one called This Is Love

And one of my all time favorites (although not new)
    Grow old Along With Me by Mary Chapin Carpenter  

also...

God Gave Me by Dave Barnes (you might like it better than the Blake Shelton version)
    You (Wedding Song)   by Jason Cassidy
    This Ring    by T. Carter Music
    Hey Pretty Girl by Kip Moore
    She's Everything by Brad Paisley
    When the Stars Go Blue     by Tim McGraw
    Lost in This Moment   by Big and Rich
  • "don't take the girl" -tim mcgraw
  • FI and I don't like overly sappy songs and he hates country but I love it. We found a song that is country, he enjoys, not overly sappy, and is perfect for us... We're doing Smile by Uncle Kracker. It's also not too slow, which we like. :)

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• If you like something a bit slower, Wanted by Hunter Hayes is a good one too

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• It really depends what kind of country you want. Older? Newer? Slow? Something you can two-step to? Popular/radio play? 

We looooove country but didn't want our first dance song to be one that probably every other country fan has done in the last couple years... so we considered some older George Strait, Chris Cagle, etc... ultimately we picked Shameless by Garth Brooks because we didn't want something super slow (just not our style) and come on its GARTH!!!! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's not recent, but what about "But For the Grace of God" by Keith Urban? Agree with PP who said it seems all the recent ones are about drinking and partying.

• It's not a traditional sappy country song, but Lovin' You Is Fun by Easton Corbin is a great song and is a little more upbeat instead of slow, if that's your thing.

We are actually having this as our recessional song - there is nothing traditional happening in our wedding!
  • I love country and my FI hates it, but we decided on "You Save Me" by Kenny Chesney ... it really does sum up our relationship in a song :)

• bgali91bgali91 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My fiancé and I will be dancing to The Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd. It's from the 90s, but we love it.
  • "Then" by Brad Paisley. There's no mention of God in that though, but I sure do love the song!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Me and my fiancé have It Just Comes Natural as our first dance song!
  • by George Strait!
  • We are doing "Who I Am With You" by Chris Young, not really a mention of God, but it's a good song!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know this post was from a while ago. A great one that I really like is "Like Jesus Does" by Eric Church.
  • We're Texans, so naturally, we're gonna go with a George Strait song. "Give it all we got tonight" :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Vdi1aBTy4
  • edited July 2014
    We're using "I Don't Dance" - by Lee Brice. It sounds ironic but is absolutely perfect for us. :)

• I'm using "Cross my Heart" by George Strait. We're both fans of George! 
  • My Fiance and I are big country fans. We are most likely going to use "Kissed her good night" by glorianna.  Its kinda our song, so it will work out perfect since on our first date he dropped me off then came back to kiss me!
  • There are some other versions of bless the broken road - there is one by melodie crittenden that I like better than the RF version (probably just because I heard it first - and it was on Dawson's creek!) anyway maybe you/FI will like it too!
  • Oops just realized how old this thread is
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards