Wedding 911
Options

Wedding planner/coordinator is provided by venue - what gratuity should I budget for her services

The venue that I chose has a wedding planner that will coordinate all the aspects of their venue -- they will do all flowers, reception lunch, cake, musicians, etc.  Since I'm not paying a fee for her, but she's doing work on my behalf,  I'm planning that I will need to provide some sort of gratuity for her help.  What is customary in this situation? Is a percent of the wedding venue cost, or a flat fee?  Any suggestions, thoughts?

Re: Wedding planner/coordinator is provided by venue - what gratuity should I budget for her services

• Options
    Hmmm, our coordinator is independent of the venue, and we're tipping the customary 10% of the total planning and coordination service.  

Not sure how gratuity works for venue-contracted planners, unless they give some sort of fee breakdown that shows the value of her services as a benchmark. You may want to find out if the vendor calculates gratuity in their fees (ours automatically calculated the 20% for the caterer).  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards