Wedding Woes

I'm slacking off because I'm feeling like crap..but guess who is going to disney in the fall? :)

I'm feeling ugh.  I've been on ibuprofen for a week because of my teeth--my dentist told me to not let it wear off for a week.  So, I took it, and it has helped...but my teeth still hurt (they finish the crown on Friday.  Assuming I don't have issues because of tomorrow's supposed toe surgery--which also hurts).
also, TMI, antibiotics (which I've been on for the toe) suck.  My poor bacterial flora don't like it and I get a YI EVERY single damn time I have to take them.

Of course, i have a rebound headache from to many advil...and I can't take any OTC meds (or vicoden.  Or fioricet) because it'll just punt the rebound back further down the road and make it worse when it comes.  So I'm on Midrin at work.

BUT, in good news, MIL wants to do a family vacation.  She wanted a cruise to somewhere tropical.  I know how bitchy this sounds, but I really don't want to do a cruise with a toddler.  I don't like confined spaces, I don't like water, and I don't participate in things that involve water going over my head.  I did OK on last year's vacation, but there were a couple of times when I passed off Buffy so I could breathe easy and not have a water-induced panic attack (I'm well aware that thinking I'm going to drown in the hotel pool,next to a lifeguard and my family is illogical.  The problem isn't that I think I'm going to drown, the problem is that my lizard brain has decided that keeping my head above water is the most important thing in the world, and if I have to drown everyone to get my head up, so be it)

So the Mr. suggested disney.
Everyone thought it was awesome--so this fall we're going to disney, with Buffy AND a nice set of built-in-babysitters
Since the Mr's family is all retired military, we're probably doing the 'shades of green' down there where military folks stay cheaper.

So I'm druggedly looking at disney trip planning boards (OMG, people on them are amusingly crazy), while eating home-made peanut butter with a spoon, straight from the tupperware.

Re: I'm slacking off because I'm feeling like crap..but guess who is going to disney in the fall? :)

• Yay for Disney!  It's easy to become one of those crazy Disney planners, so be careful!
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    To late, I'm on crazytrain :-P
    Although, realistically, Im not bookig anything because there are going to be 6 adults on this trip...we should do adult things like discuss plans.
  • In the fall you won't have to be a crazy disney planner as it is less crowded.  I'm going down there the first week of June after my sister's wedding and I had to plan every detail down to booking fast passes thorough fast pass plus because it's going to be crazy then!  At least in the fall they have the food and wine festival for all the adults :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Disneyland (CA) or Disneyworld (FL)? I'll be at Disneyland in the fall because that's where we are getting married!

Both are great. FI and I are huge Disney fans. We are like big kids really. We got engaged at Walt Disney Word in Florida last September. We go to Disneyland a few times a year but are planning on going to Walt Disney World every few years or so. 

September is the best time to go for low crowds in Florida (CA doesn't seem to ever have low crowd times anymore). We happened to pick the third week in September and we walked on most of the rides. The longest we had to wait for anything was 30 minutes and that was on two rides. If you go in October you might be able to hit the Epcot food and wine festival. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards