Wisconsin

Other than David's Bridal, any other suggestions for discount bridal dress shop? Milwaukee/SE WI are

Re: Other than David's Bridal, any other suggestions for discount bridal dress shop? Milwaukee/SE WI are

• edited December 2011
    I found my dress at Amelishan Bridal in Hubertus, but also enjoyed my experience at Stone Manor in Cedarburg.

There is also Kays in Wauwatosa (small shop, friendly)

Evas in Oak Creek (terrible bridesmaid selection if your girls are over a size 6)

Heims in Greendale (just looked at MOB dresses with my reserved/not used to drama mother when a loud verbal fight broke out between a bride and the staff. we left right away)

and several others, but these are the ones I visited
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress at Eva's and loved the uniqueness of their selection compaired to most stores in our area. What I did was signed up for their mailing list and a few weeks later received a coupon in the mail for 20% off that I used to purchase the dress. I also have a friend that just flat out said she would purchase the dress of they took $200 off. They did and she bought it. ONE BIG THING- have you dress altered someplace else. Eva's has a flat $300 fee. I went someplace locally and she said my alterations would be around $50-70...big difference!

One add'l note, I was also referred to my photographer by Eva's and ended up booking her. Her name is Katie Toman Photography and she had a very creative portfolio as well and the most reasonable pricing I have seen in our area.

Her site is www.katietomanphotography.com

Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    There is a Vera's outlet store in Janesville.  I have a few friends find dresses there. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had a wonderful experience at Vera's Bridal Clearance Center in Janesville.  They have a selection of some beautiful dresses, some for as low as $100.  The quality is great and the alterations folks are great to work with.  Granted you are buying the samples that were used at Vera's main store in Madison, but if you buy a dress, they get it professionally cleaned for you.  I highly recommend them.
  • kittykatwi13kittykatwi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to go a little further than Janesville. I would recommend Brandi's Bridal Outlet in Rockford, IL. only 30 min out of WI but I received really great service and a dress that I love for not a lot of money. They range from $50-unsure but mine was $50 and I've tried on a lot of dresses even after buying it and I still love it. Would recommend them to anyone. Also try on bridesmaids dresses. Most of them can be made in white or Ivory and are a lot cheaper. Good Luck and have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would highly reccomend "Savvy Bride" in Brookfield, they have a great selection of wedding gowns as well as bridesmaid dresses and basically everything bridal :) Good Luck!
  • TwoNixTwoNix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ALL for your wonderful suggestions! I appreciate the help!
  • MissBNicoleMissBNicole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got her dress at Stone Manor Bridal in Cedarburg and was VERY happy with their selection and prices!
  • edited December 2011
    Eva's Bridal in Oak Creek has a special right now, if you donate $10 to the Hunger Task Force, they'll knock a percentage off the dress.  I just bought my dress there this past weekend, originally priced $250, and with our $10 donation, we paid $211 for my dress!  Really great service too, you don't need an appointment to go, and the girls are super helpful and sweet.  Good luck!
  • flyawae52flyawae52 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you still need anything this place is AWESOME!!! >>> http://www.designsforyoubridalshop.com/  it's right in Beaver Dam, WI! They're SO nice there! Prices are really affordable too! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards