Illinois-Chicago

Small Wedding ideas-15 people

I am considering coming to chicago to have a small wedding ceremony with my family that lives there. There will only be about 15 people max. Does anyone have any ideas for some creative but inexpensive wedding venues/sites?  I am not wanting to spend a ton because we are having a beach house wedding in NC for all of my friends/family there at least 6 months after and I need to save for that! 

I know, sounds confusing. Legal marriage in Illinois..not legal in NC! That's the justification for two weddings! haha

Re: Small Wedding ideas-15 people

• KayDeeeKayDeee member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Definitely go the restaurant route. Search Open Table for places with private seating (though the room minimum may be over budget) if not, general seating in a restaurant that is semi-private would be great. Good luck!
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    vmdizzle said:
    I am considering coming to chicago to have a small wedding ceremony with my family that lives there. There will only be about 15 people max. Does anyone have any ideas for some creative but inexpensive wedding venues/sites?  I am not wanting to spend a ton because we are having a beach house wedding in NC for all of my friends/family there at least 6 months after and I need to save for that! 

I know, sounds confusing. Legal marriage in Illinois..not legal in NC! That's the justification for two weddings! haha

(SITB) 

Are you planning on getting divorced in between the two ceremonies? If not then which ever takes place first will be your wedding and whatever takes place second will be a PPD. PPDs are rude. Get legally married in IL, have a reception at a fun restaurant. Then go to NC and have a fun party that isn't associated with a wedding at all. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow, kind of rude comment there?? I wasn't asking for your opinion on how I am doing my wedding. Was asking for small venues in Chicago. Unless you have a comment for that, I would appreciate if you kept your thoughts to yourself. The "wedding" ceremony in NC would be for my friends and family that I have grown up with all of my life. Our dream wedding is at the beach...but we cannot LEGALLY get married in NC, so we were wanting to get legally married in Chicago with my family that lives there so 1. we can get legally married and 2. my family there does not have to make the trip to NC.
  • Hi @vmdizzle.  Based on your posting history it looks like you're LGBT. While typically a PPD or later reception would be rude for shits and giggles (which is what I think @katwag was thinking), I think your need in this case is valid, as it's clear you really want to get married in NC, but are unable to do so for a legal reason that is out of your control in every way possible.  I would look into Frontier in Bucktown/Wicker Park.  They have an outdoor patio and upstairs private dining room you might like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards