Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

do we both sign shower TY Notes?

some of my cards were written to "Bride and Groom"

Should I have him sign the Thank Yous for the shower?

We'll definitely both sign for the wedding thank yous but I just want to make sure I go about it right
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: do we both sign shower TY Notes?

• Options
    If the gifts were addressed to you both, you can both sign them. I don't think I signed DH's name, or had him sign, any of the shower TYs, although I honestly don't remember at this point.

I know I said, 'DH joins me in thanking you for the XYZ and we're so excited to be able to do ABC now!'
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I didn't have him sign, bu I did mention him in each note. "H and I are so thankful..."
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Well, if the shower was for you both and/or he was mentioned in the card, then I think both of you should sign.  Otherwise, you could sign just for yourself but still mention your FH in the notes.
  • Options
    I sign every card with both our names. Wedding, birthday, Christmas, etc.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I wrote FiancB and Mr FiancB without actually having him sign. When wedding gifts started showing up, I did have him sign, especially if it's someone from "his" side. 
  • Options
    I am with Addie- I sign cards from both of us for Birthdays, Weddings, etc.

In my social circle, whichever partner writes the card signs for both people. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    With us whoever writes the card just signs both names and we tend to split cards up - he writes for his family/friends, I write for mine - for pretty much any and every occasion.
  • Options
    I sign for H, or write, "H and I both want to thank you.." and just sign from Mr.&Mrs H. Either way I see it should be okay. H only comes home at night after work and school, so I don't want them to just sit there awaiting his signature. I wanna send those bad boys out! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    If you're the one writing the thank you note, you only sign. You mention him by name when you tell how you and FI are both appreciative and how you both are going to enjoy the gift.
  • Options
    My best friend had her husband add like a sentence to each thank you card. While her TYs were very polite and more traditional, his were silly. (These were for a baby shower) on ours he illustrated the cartoon (which was pooh bear swinging on a star) "I came in like a wrecking ball!" Possibly not etiquette approved but damn funny.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards