Wedding Woes

I'm recovering hoarder and my cleaning lady took pics of my house and posted them on FB

Dear Prudence,
I had a rough couple of years and really let my home go. I didn’t clean anything, didn’t even do the dishes or take out the trash. I stopped letting anyone in my apartment. About six months ago I decided enough is enough. I started a new job and made new friends. I researched long and hard to find someone to hire to help clean my home and she did an excellent job. Then a strange coincidence happened. A friend of mine is a Facebook friend of hers. My friend called today to warn me that my cleaning lady took pictures of my disgusting home and posted them on Facebook and God knows where else. I feel ashamed and violated, exposed and betrayed. How do I approach this without completely losing my mind with her?

—Hoarder in Recovery

Re: I'm recovering hoarder and my cleaning lady took pics of my house and posted them on FB

• Honestly? If this is simply something she did to gawk at the OP's mess, it should hurt her business. OP should leave reviews wherever she can detailing the photos in a calm, professional manner. 

But were they before-and-after, "look what a good job I do" photos? I would find that out first. I can see a business owner being proud of the job she did and wanting to advertise her skills - and cleaning up a gross house would obviously help her do that. I think she should have discussed it before posting, obviously, but I'm not willing to ascribe devious motives to the maid without further investigation. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I agree with Bmom.  "look how GROSS this hoardy house is!"  is not the same as "This is how clean I can get your home" with no identifying information.  Although, even if it is a before and after promotional pic she should have asked first.

• I know she was wrong for using your photos from your house, talk to her or a lawyer make sure you can prove it.
  • I know she was wrong for using your photos from your house, talk to her or a lawyer make sure you can prove it.
    Yeah, Mrs Conn, go find a lawyer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards