Wisconsin

MKE area hotel reception venues

I'm not from the area... any recommendations for hotels that do weddings in the MKE area?  Any places I should avoid?

Re: MKE area hotel reception venues

• edited December 2011
    I did not like the Hilton when I toured it as a prospective wedding venue.  Maybe the Intercontinental?  Pfister is GORGEOUS.  If I had the money, I would've had my wedding there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lilacstulipslilacstulips member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any idea how much the Pfister is?
  • edited December 2011

No, I don't.  Sorry.  We didn't look at it simply because I knew it was going to be out of our price range.  They might have some information on their website though. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DanicaDanica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Country Springs
    The Iron Horse
    InterContinental
    Radisson Northshore
    Embassy Brookfield
    Marriott in Waukesha
    Radisson Wauwatosa (but I haven't seen a wedding there in ages now, so not sure where they stand)

I work in the hotel industry so those are the ones I would recommend, but there are others that do weddings as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield :-)
    Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dflawlesspairdflawlesspair member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I acutally did book with the Hilton Milwaukee. The prices were reasonable and the Empire Ballroom is just what I was looking for. I also toured the Pfister which is slightly more expensive and had too much of a Victorian look to it but really beautiful. I preferred the reds and golds and the slightly more deco look of the Hilton over the ornate Victorian Pfister. That's just personal preference though. The Intercontinental is a totally different look--super modern but very nice. They are all run by Marcus so you'd be able to get a "feel" for the pricing on the Marcus weddings website.  I can tell you that my wedding is on a Friday and the Empire ballroom at the Hilton is a 6K min and there are great packages and lots of inclusions.

I also looked into the Astor since I had my Senior Ball there in H.S. Granted this was years ago, but the food was good and the ballroom was very pretty. I'd say they would come in around the same as the Hilton.

Finally, the Hyatt is another place I considered. I've eaten at the new restaurant there, I think it's called 330 or something like that, but the food was amazing. The ballroom, however is huge and I'm doing lik 125 people so it was too big and also very modern looking.

Good luck with your search--it's all about what is your style. One of the posters above did not like the Hilton and I thought it was beautiful!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards