Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Major Problem....

Me and my FI are 1000 miles apart, literally I've driven it 3 times. My major problem is that  we don't have any ceremony or reception place ideas, like Cities or States. I live in SC and he lives in MA. We were thinking about VA since its in the middle but now i don't know. He wants a church wedding and im not being to picky as long as the place looks nice. Ideas??

Re: Major Problem....

• Options
    Where are you going to live after the wedding?  Do you plan to live together prior to the actual wedding?

I'd get married where I was going to live, myself.   People who truly want to celebrate your wedding with you will make the trip, given enough notice. 

Good luck!
    10-10-10
  • Options
    Another issue you might face is your marriage license. I know in my county you can't get a marriage license here unless one of you is a resident of the county. I don't know if you can get the license in one county and do the ceremony somewhere completely different-- definitely check into those rules before you decide on anything.

What about a destination wedding? I had a friend who got married in Vegas-- not little wedding chapel with Elvis style, but in a really nice hotel where they did a full normal ceremony and normal reception. It was really cool and gave people an excuse to take a little vacation somewhere different!

I would probably try to do it in the town that you two will live in once you're married. Like the PP's said, the people that love you and are truly excited to celebrate with you will make the trip. I've driven and flown all over the US for my college friends's weddings and I don't have that much money, you find a way to make it work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    perhaps FI has a liking of Cape Cod?

PM me if you would need info there :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards