Chit Chat

It's my bridal shower todayyyyy

And I feel sick. Sick to my stomach, coughing, blech. I'm hiding in the bathroom.

And I'm on my period.

And I'm a type 1 diabetic, and my insulin pump got messed up and blood sugar is out of control. Probably why I feel sick to my stomach.

I am whiney this morning.

Remember FIs cousin and her sick little baby in NICU? She just got out of the hospital! And mom is coming. With her little NICU baby. I'm like whhhyyyyyy what's wrong with you? A sick baby out of the house at a party with 26 other people?

I know I won't really care, but a small part of me is like "everyone is going to fuss over the new baby and not me".

Let's think happy thoughts as I try to do my hair now :)

image   image   image

Re: It's my bridal shower todayyyyy

• All the mojo to you today girlie! Feel better and have a great time! I'd warn the mom that you're sick; if you're coughing she shouldn't have lil bit there.

• Thanks @lolo883 ‌ why are there quotes?

image   image   image

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    :(:(:( Feel better! I'd be side-eyeing bringing a baby to a shower right outta the NICU. Doesn't seem terribly wise!

Today's my cousin's shower, too!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Aw, that's cute. Pre-party jitters.

I am kind of jealous of people who get to have all those fun wedding event things. We're having a super tiny wedding so there isn't really anyone to invite. Plus I'm also secretly jealous of all the presents. So I'm just going to live vicariously through you!
  • I hope you feel better.
  • Aray82Aray82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Hope you feel better! I'm sick too today, with a weekend-long fever that one of my chemo drugs gives me. But at least I can plan for these weekends and don't have to be around anyone except FI today. And the period and the diabetes likely makes things worse :( But I'd at least warn the mom how sick you are and then it's on her if she still insists on bringing the new baby.
  • I'm sorry. I was puke-ish this morning too, but it was because I started my period. So I'll be miserable and eat ice cream today. Hope you enjoy your shower! :)  And hope the baby stays healthy. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope you feel better too, and have a great time.

And yeah, I'd side eye bringing a baby straight out of NICU to a party. Like, I'm all for building immunity through exposure ( like, letting kids play in the dirt, not any kind of anti-vac) But that just seems dumb.

Anniversary
  • Baby was there, I politely declined coming near her saying that I need to sanitize my hands (But did have readily available) and don't want to get her sick.

Most stressful thing ever!! People I didn't know, and I had to talk to themmm and the opening of gifts was nerve wracking! Not a center of attention person at all.

But it was beautiful - my MOH did a FANTASTIC job with decorations, and my sweet neighbors surprised me with a beautiful cake and two flower arrangements for decorations.

image   image   image

• KPBM89KPBM89 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    Baby was there, I politely declined coming near her saying that I need to sanitize my hands (But did have readily available) and don't want to get her sick. Most stressful thing ever!! People I didn't know, and I had to talk to themmm and the opening of gifts was nerve wracking! Not a center of attention person at all. But it was beautiful - my MOH did a FANTASTIC job with decorations, and my sweet neighbors surprised me with a beautiful cake and two flower arrangements for decorations.
    I have no idea how I'm going to handle that at my shower.  I have never had a birthday party in my life (we just don't celebrate them in that way, we just eat cake) and even at Christmas I only open things while someone else is.  I'm not a center of attention person either and my hands shake a lot.

Glad your shower was beautiful!  

• edited June 2014

And I feel sick. Sick to my stomach, coughing, blech. I'm hiding in the bathroom.

And I'm on my period.

And I'm a type 1 diabetic, and my insulin pump got messed up and blood sugar is out of control. Probably why I feel sick to my stomach.

I am whiney this morning.

Remember FIs cousin and her sick little baby in NICU? She just got out of the hospital! And mom is coming. With her little NICU baby. I'm like whhhyyyyyy what's wrong with you? A sick baby out of the house at a party with 26 other people?

I know I won't really care, but a small part of me is like "everyone is going to fuss over the new baby and not me".

Let's think happy thoughts as I try to do my hair now :)

Ya one of my guests wanted to bring a baby to my shower too. Thankfully my mom put the kibosh on that!

Glad the shower turned out well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope you're feeling better- and that your pump is fixed!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards