Wedding Woes

Morning

We all have a summer cold or allergies or are just feeling the ick from all the dust and crap we're unearthing by getting ready to move.  It sucks though.  I have had a constant headache for the last 3 days.  No amount of water or pain reliver is making it go completely away.  Gah. 

We started the pre-approval process last night.  Turns out the finance guy that my mom just L-O-V-E-S is a HS buddy of DH's.  

We are going to look at more houses ASAP and then make a build vs. buy decision.  If we want to build, we need to get contracts signed ASAP. 

Now we just need to get this thing on the market.  

Re: Morning

• GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    boo on headaches--and nothing begets a headache like the previous day's headache.

Moving is so exciting and stressful...I want to never do it again.
  • Yeah, we want to be in the next house for just as long, if not longer, than we've been in this one.  That's why we're considering building.  But there are quite a few on the market that we need to go look at to see if those may work for us.  
  • @mrs.conn23 - if you think it's allergies or your sinuses, try a neti-pot or saline rinse. Aleve cold and sinus is my go-to pain reliever for sinus issues. (It's worth signing your life away at the pharmacy counter.) Do you get migraines? I know mine can go for multiple days at a time. it's no fun. feel better!
  • Good morning ladies. I will regale you with my tale of WTF-ery and how I may be a robot in just a second. I haven't been here in a while because of my stupid work.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Blah. That's all I have today. SIL has surgery Thursday. I guess they caught things early enough that she only needs to lumps removed and not a mastectomy. She still needs chemo and radiation though.
  • Morning!  I am doing almost nothing at work, b/c I have almost nothing to do.  So, I"m wasting most of my morning, so that I have something for the afternoon so that doesn't drag on. 

I'm getting excited for Orange is the New Black starting on Friday!  I'm going to take a half day and get together with friends to watch, just for fun.
  • @6fsn GL to your SIL. Are they putting a port in when the do the lumpectomy?  Did they tell the kids?  I've been thinking about her.  
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    My mom could've had a lumpectomy but decided against radiation and chemo and went the way of the mastectomy.  Either way is a tough decision (not saying that was even in the cards) and *vibes* for your family. 

My worklife has been in upheaval and will continue to be that way until I make some hard decisions.  H is super supportive and we're working on a life plan, but I'm just being procrastinator-ish about some things right now.  Which means I'm just trying to work and go home and that is all as far as the work thing goes.  I need to get online and see what's going on as far as the job market goes.  I didn't think I'd be here again after 18 months but I'd rather plan ahead than wait for the gavel to fall.  *sigh--dramatically*

Other than that...nothing too "exciting".

• 6fsn6fsn member

Thanks conn and O.  I'll be asking for vibes a lot I'm sure.  I don't know about the port.  My brother is trying to keep everyone informed, but it's a lot so I kind of just listen and try not to ask too many questions.  I know her family is there and my other brother deals with the medical stuff. 

They did tell the kids. The 16 yo probably gets it the most.  She goes from tears to fighter and back again.  The 14 yo is pretty stoic.  You never really know what she's thinking and feeling.  I don't think the 12 yo knows what to think or feel.  I guess they will all be going through the genetic testing though.

• 6fsn6fsn member

@ftrMrsO- I'm sorry things suck at work.  I hope the planning goes well.

• Your family will be in my thoughts, 6.

If there's one thing I can offer:  it's pretty helpful to set up a calling tree.  When my mom was in the ICU for so many days and then even her followup care, I was in charge of calling everyone and everyone was calling me.  Then, after a day where I yelled at everyone on the phone, I said I was calling X, X could call Y, and just go on down the line b/c I was tired of it.  It really is helpful and takes a lot of stress off of the caregiver, but keeps the family informed w/out being bothersome.

Good luck, O-face!  
  • GBCKGBCK member
    re: calling tree (we had one for my mom too), there are websites that have that s their purpose, we started to make one for my mom, but she didn't want that much info shared so we put the kibosh on it, but, "caring bridge" is the one I've seen used a lot
  • 6fsn6fsn member

We sort of have a calling tree- my brother calls my mom and she passes on the info.  The odd loop is calling my brother for medical stuff.  I've just been sending little emails and texts with "thinking of you call if you need" to each of them.  I don't want intrude, but I don't want them to think they aren't in my thoughts.

We used caring bridge when my cousin's son had and AVM that left him paralyzed.  It's a fantastic site.

• GBCKGBCK member
    being there but making sure the support goes inward instead of being one more stress is a fine line to walk--just letting people know you're thinking of them is a damn good place to start.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards