Wisconsin

Suggestions for caterers for Racine wedding

So I have some initial info including pricing and menus for a few caterers but I'm looking for any reviews on these places--good or bad!

Right now we're looking at Gooseberries, Catering by Chef John, and the Outpost. Please give me feed back on any of the above caterers or if you have any other suggestions for a local caterer I'm open to hearing them! How was their service? Did the food meet your expectations? How was the presentation? I didn't realize how hard picking a caterer was going to be--I'd rather be completing DIY projects! Smile

Thanks!
Crystal

image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
image 0 Can't find the post office!
Vacation

Re: Suggestions for caterers for Racine wedding

• molisarmolisar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work with Gooseberries a lot with my job and would highly recommend them, their service, and their food.  Food is delicious.  Chef Mike is great to work with.  HTH!
    My Furbaby Baxter Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I've never had Gooseberries catering, but I'm from Burlington, and I love their grocery/baked goods.  Everyone in Burlington LOVES Gooseberries, and the majority of people that I know would go there over any of the other grocery stores and I've only heard good things about them.  If I were getting married in SE WI I probably would have gone with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The only cater I'm familiar with is Chef Jack and I did not like them. I went for a tasting and the chicken and steak dish was not pleasing. The chef was a talker and my fiance was annoyed that he didn't pay any attention to him.
    Check out Ellen Zilli's Catering in Waukesha. We had our tasting and really enjoyed the sales manager and the chef. The manager was very informative and followed up with us a week later. The chef was nice and he accepted criticism from my fiance on the food.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards