Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thank you notes for pre-wedding gift AND for attending?

I have been searching and cannot find the answer to this question. I know that I should send Thank you cards as soon as possible when I receive gifts, even before the wedding. And I know that I'm supposed to send Thank you cards to everyone who attended the wedding, whether they brought a gift or not. My question is, if someone sent a pre-wedding gift, which I sent a pre-wedding Thank you card for, do I then send another "Thank you for attending" card after the wedding?

Re: Thank you notes for pre-wedding gift AND for attending?

• Options
    The reception was the thank you for attending the wedding. So just send thank you notes for gifts. And good for you getting them out immediately.
  • Options
    jvolcheff said:
    I have been searching and cannot find the answer to this question. I know that I should send Thank you cards as soon as possible when I receive gifts, even before the wedding. And I know that I'm supposed to send Thank you cards to everyone who attended the wedding, whether they brought a gift or not. My question is, if someone sent a pre-wedding gift, which I sent a pre-wedding Thank you card for, do I then send another "Thank you for attending" card after the wedding?
    This is actually incorrect- you send thank you notes for gifts, not attendance.  The reception is the thank you to your guests for witnessing your ceremony and sharing your day, so it would be redundant to send another thank you (and risks looking gift-grabby if they take it as a hint to send a wedding gift).  So, no, do not send another thank you to someone for attending, only if they gave you a pre-wedding/shower gift and then got you another wedding gift.
  • Options
    That is a huge relief! Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards