Wisconsin

DJ recommendations in Door County, WI?

I am getting married in Sturgeon Bay next summer, but I'm not from the area. I've never attended a wedding in Door County so I've never seen any of the local DJs in action.  Can anyone give me tips on who does a great job, or who to avoid?  The DJ is such a critical part of the reception, and I don't just want to rely on the testimonials they have on their websites because obviously those are selected to make them look good.  Thanks in advance for any advice you might have!

~Signe.

Re: DJ recommendations in Door County, WI?

• edited August 2012
     I am getting married in Sturgeon Bay next summer, but I'm not from the area. I've never attended a wedding in Door County so I've never seen any of the local DJs in action.  Can anyone give me tips on who does a great job, or who to avoid?  The DJ is such a critical part of the reception, and I don't just want to rely on the testimonials they have on their websites because obviously those are selected to make them look good.  Thanks in advance for any advice you might have!

~Signe.
  • I would be interested to hear the response on this one.  I too am getting married next fall in Door County, Sister Bay, and am looking for a DJ.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_dj-recommendations-in-door-county-wi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:9c298290-8137-4087-90ca-f243e58dcf0dPost:e178ee88-a569-443e-9b1c-0643c98feaf0">DJ recommendations in Door County, WI?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I am getting married in Sturgeon Bay next summer, but I'm not from the area. I've never attended a wedding in Door County so I've never seen any of the local DJs in action.  Can anyone give me tips on who does a great job, or who to avoid?  The DJ is such a critical part of the reception, and I don't just want to rely on the testimonials they have on their websites because obviously those are selected to make them look good.  Thanks in advance for any advice you might have! ~Signe.
    Posted by rabidbaby[/QUOTE]
  • You've probably found a DJ already but for anyone else looking I had my reception in Sturgeon Bay and I used soundfire dj.  He was so wonderful.  Anything I needed he did, anytime I needed to talk to him he was available.  He checked out the location prior and was completely ready.  He's from Green Bay so I paid an extra $50 for his travel, other than that I thought his prices were extrememly reasonable.  His website is www.soundfiredj.com I also have a couple video clips of him is your interested just pm me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards