Chit Chat

Bad Timing

With just about 90 days to go til our wedding, FI and I finally chose an apartment and are getting ready to move. I'm super excited for that. The new place is much closer to work for me plus the complex has a great nature and fitness center.

Unfortunately at work, everyone lately has had a bout of puking / stomach bugs. We are scheduled to move in this weekend, and now I have the tummy bug. Bleh...

I wish sick people would stay home and not bring their nasty cold to share. So now instead of packing, I am snuggled up with the furbaby grousing and nauseous. Grrrrr...

Re: Bad Timing

• That sucks. Hope you feel better soon!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Feel better soon!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Darn, feel better soon!

Also, if you plan to stick around, change your username so we can get to know you!  Click on your name in the top right corner, then "My Account," then "change my username" on the top right.  There are so many Knottie#'s, it's hard to keep track!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I feel your pain! One of the owners is here today coughing all over over everyone. He does this every time he gets sick. Go the fuck home! No one needs you here!
  • With some of those stomach bugs you are still contagious for several days after you are symptom free.  That makes it really hard to control the spread because most jobs and schools expect you back after being vomit free for 24 hours.  

Several years ago there was a really bad respiratory flu going around.  Where I worked at the time many of our staff had the capability to do at least part of their job from home and they were asked to stay out of the office unless it was absolutely necessary they be there.  If you developed symptoms in the office you were immediately kicked out and were given a minimum number of days you had to be out.  If you didn't have enough sick time to cover it they gave you the days.  Once you walked out other staff members would descend upon your work space with cans of lysol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards