New York-Hudson Valley

Venue Review - Falkirk Estate House?

Hi 
I was looking to book falkirk estate house in central valley for our wedding. Has anyone attended a wedding there? If so could you please tell me the pros and cons. I am planning for a March/April wedding. Is this venue  suitable for that season? 

Are there hotels in the area that are nice quality? Do they offer free shuttle service for guests?
Also, I know there is a pub that offers an after wedding celebration. Would shuttles from the hotel comes late in order to pick up guests?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Venue Review - Falkirk Estate House?

• A lot of your questions re: shuttles would get answered by the hotel you book at. Typically there is a fee, but depends the hotel. 
  • delainanicoledelainanicole member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2014
    I just had my wedding there last month. It was the BOMB venue. I heard so many compliments from guests about the food, how beautiful it was, the service, etc.

If you're planning for a March/April wedding, it's really dependent on how the weather holds up. I first saw this venue over a year before my wedding, in March, and it was covered in snow after a freak blizzard. But if that happens, no matter which venue you choose will be affected. (Unless the ceremony is indoors.)

We booked with West Point Tours for shuttles from Hampton Inn next to Woodbury Commons. But there is also an 11-person shuttle run by the hotel. I wouldn't rely on just that, though.

We considered doing the after party in the pub, but thought it would be better for everyone to be able to go back to the hotel, quick change into comfy clothes, and party in the sitting area next to the lobby. If you ask, they'll tell you they don't allow partying and drinking in the hotel main areas, but it's done. My dad said he was playing flip-cup until 3 a.m. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards