Wedding Woes

It's official: DH is completely hopeless

I try, y'all.  Organization and planning has never been his strong suit (ADHD), but it's mine.  He has many fine qualities, but those just aren't among them.  Usually we make it work.  But on occasion, things get completely fucked up.

I posted earlier that Thursday is moving day.  He called me 10 min. ago and said that he "may have told our agent that we could be out of the house by 6 p.m. tomorrow and then forgot."  Why would he even do that?  We close Thursday, why on earth would we have all of our stuff out and then...what?  "Where would we even sleep?" I asked him.  He said he "figured" we'd "just" get a hotel for the night.  With a 5 y.o. and a 9 m.o.  I mean, we've traveled, but that's not getting the kids up and ready for school.  While moving.  I just...

To humor him, I called our movers to see if they could reschedule for tomorrow.  Of course they can't, of course they're completely booked, this is their busy season.  So I reiterated that we have a signed sales contract that says we close and the buyers get possession Thursday, and he went back to "Well, I told [Realtor] we could be out tomorrow night."  I wasn't a bitch about it, I was completely calm and just told him I guessed his next call would be to Realtor. 

I don't mean to be spiteful, but this is a clear case of "you made this mess, now clean it up."  Really, I hate that I make him sound like a complete and total doofus, because a lot of the time he's not.  But when he is, he really, really is.    

Breathe in, 1-2-3-4-5, breathe out, 1-2-3-4-5.

Re: It's official: DH is completely hopeless

• UGH!  No, that's some BS.  I'd be livid too.  

WHY does the RE agent want you out by 6pm tomorrow?? 
  • at least he didn't ask his dad to help you guys move :-)
  • To quote the great hmonkey "dtmfa" ;)
  • UGH!  No, that's some BS.  I'd be livid too.  

I guess he was asking on behalf of the buyers--they asked their agent to ask him to ask us, that kind of a thing.  They are currently renting in our soon-to-be old neighborhood, so maybe they wanted to start moving stuff over, who knows. 
  • You are handling this much better than I would've.  

I think mine would possibly involve his stuff and a bonfire on the front lawn tomorrow night.  THERE, IT'S MOVED DH, HAPPY NOW?!?!  Well, not really, but I'm not sure I could be very calm.
  • AuntFlo said:
    The WW bail fund is available for your use if you want to murder him.
    Don't tempt me.
  • you won't need a bail fund; i know a good place to hide the body.
  • Heffalump said:
    UGH!  No, that's some BS.  I'd be livid too.  

I guess he was asking on behalf of the buyers--they asked their agent to ask him to ask us, that kind of a thing.  They are currently renting in our soon-to-be old neighborhood, so maybe they wanted to start moving stuff over, who knows. 
    Well too bad.  If your house was vacant, that would be one thing.  

But yeah, your H created this mess. I can assist with body-hiding as well. We could spread him out among a few states.  They'll never find him.  ;) 

Any updates this morning? 
  • VarunaTT said:
    You are handling this much better than I would've.  

I think mine would possibly involve his stuff and a bonfire on the front lawn tomorrow night.  THERE, IT'S MOVED DH, HAPPY NOW?!?!  Well, not really, but I'm not sure I could be very calm.
    Perversely, small things make me insane, but not major things.  I'm pretty good in a crisis: when MIL was in the hospital, DD broke her arm, that sort of thing.  But put my cast iron skillet in the dishwasher and IT'S ON.

So I guess my brain interpreted this as a crisis.  Lucky for DH.
  • Any updates this morning? 
    DH talked to our agent and we're sticking with the original schedule.  (Because really, this late in the game, that's our only option.)  I did not ask for specifics, because frankly, I don't care.  Buyers are doing their final walk-through at 6:00 tonight, which is not a very convenient time, but I can deal.  They can step around our boxes and dodge DS's yogurt-flinging--in 24 hrs, the movers will be here and it'll be all over but the shoutin'.
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Well, walk through is definitely on the better end of the spectrum of the whole moving fiasco.

• I'm glad it worked out, but I think you need to get to the bottom of the issue.  What was he even thinking?  It's one thing that he forgot to tell you, but WHY did he even think it was a good idea in the first place?   
    Also, personal question that you don't have to answer, does he take meds for his ADHD?  Because they can help a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards