Wedding Woes

Hump day...all day.

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited July 2014 in Wedding Woes
::yawn:: Good morning.  
I hate it when it storms right as you're supposed to get up and going for the day.  I just wanted to pull the covers back over my head. 
This has been a weird week.  All the weeks recently seem weird.  
Three more working days after today and then I'm on vacation for a week.  I had no idea what we were going to do, but people keep calling me with plans.  It's very helpful to have people make the plans for me.  ;) 

Re: Hump day...all day.

• Thumbs-up to a week's vacation!
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2014
    We were supposed to be heading to Hilton Head, but with DH's new job and the house stuff, it just wasn't feasible.  I have a little sadz about it because I got an offer for a place to stay from the search I forgot to cancel.  And it was one of the nice places.  I still have to take the week of because my sitter is taking her summer vacation week. 

Ah well.  We'll take a vacation next year, hopefully. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Back to reality.  I've folded 5 baskets of laundry, scrubbed bathrooms, and done dishes.  Max is being a shit and it's raining so instead of going to the park I purged my closet and am taking them school supply shopping.  I'm also hoping to get out their winter clothes and post them for sale.
  • I'm just... at work all day. I'm hoping to go home early because I only have a few patients today and already have several hours of overtime because I'm precepting someone and have to stay until she's finished with her day, then I had to come in yesterday afternoon after my ultrasound because we were totally swamped. My nausea's getting a little out of hand despite the four medications I'm using, so I would just... really, really like to go home early if I can.

• It's actually "Thursday" for me, since tomorrow is my Friday.  

I have a little bit of shopping left to do tonight (some additional camping supplies we'd like to have for this, not useful for backpacking, so we don't have them) and a little bit of cooking and then packing.  I also have to go see a friend who is in the hospital.  We were going to try and have dinner with my family, but I don't think I can swing it.  I can't wait to be out on the water, it's gonna be a hot one.  I think we'll have the river mostly to ourselves b/c it'll be Friday day.
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Um, Juche---I'm so kersited about your ticker.  Not sure if I missed it in another post yet, but ::squee::

Blah, I have a boatload of things to do and I want to do exactly ZERO of them.  Bid at 11am, 2 bills to get out, other jobs to bid---lots of emails.  I'm just feeling not motivated. 

I need a vacation, I'm thinking---sucks I don't have one coming up.  Next week I do---but it involves driving 8 hours to a wedding weekend where I will play cheerleader to my BFF and hope that H is occupied while I'm incognito.
  • We were supposed to be heading to Hilton Head, but with DH's new job and the house stuff, it just wasn't feasible.  I have a little sadz about it because I got an offer for a place to stay from the search I forgot to cancel.  And it was one of the nice places.  I still have to take the week of because my sitter is taking her summer vacation week. 

Ah well.  We'll take a vacation next year, hopefully. 
    Hey, we're headed to Hilton Head in a couple of weeks!  Sorry you won't make it this summer.
  • 6fsn6fsn member

I'm trying not to be annoyed with my sister.  My parents started a tradition when a grandkid turns 10 their bday present is a weekend with them.  They get spoiled rotten.  Last time with my niece was a cluster because sis and niece were frankly being bratty.  My parents ended up spending the weekend helping them with a bunch of other shit and needing to reschedule the weekend.

It was rescheduled for this coming weekend.  It was all planned and was ending with all of us getting together Monday to swim.  Sis sent an email THIS morning cancelling everything because her MIL is coming in town for a week.  Now, I know sis doesn't like MIL and I know it was probably an ugly night in her home, but I also think this was incredibly rude to do to my parents and very last minute.

I'm also kind of ticked my sister had agreed to send her girls to my mom's for part of last weekend.  My mom thought it would be a help to have some extra hands.  My sister bailed on all of that too. After all the things my parents do for her she couldn't muster it up to do this one thing for my mom?

• GBCKGBCK member
    My child is in daycare.  I took the day off.
    I'm refusing to feel guilty about that :)

(it would be more fun if I weren't bordering on migrainey)
  • I never ever feel guilty for sending DefConn to daycare on my mid-week day off.  I only get one per month and that's my 'get shit done' day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards