New Jersey
Options

Opinions on The Rockleigh??

Hi, I am looking to book a January wedding. I just visited the Rockleigh and thought it was lovely and a good price. Please let me know pros/cons if you have any. Also if you know of a good hotel for guests in the area. I am also open to other venue suggestions! Thank you!!!!

Re: Opinions on The Rockleigh??

• Options
    Hi Ladeda123, I'm a Rockleigh bride - my wedding is 11/28/14.  I loved the look/feel of the venue and the price, and all the reviews I've read or heard about the food and service have been excellent.  The main con for me was that it is a bit out of the way, but I was able to overlook that given everything else.  The other venue I was seriously considering was the Westmount Country Club, but it was more expensive than the Rockleigh despite offering much less.  

I booked my hotel block at the Courtyard Marriott Montvale because I liked the lobby/rooms the most.  I also looked at the Park Ridge Marriott (typical big Marriott), Hilton WoodCliff Lake (big but also very modern decor) and Hilton Pearl River (beautiful from the outside, but didn't care for the rooms.  Much closer to the venue than the others, though).  The Courtyard just had a more intimate feel to me, though the the Hilton Woodcliff Lake would've been my backup choice.  Dolce Palisades Park is another hotel option not frequently suggested because since they mostly do conferences they don't have the same setup for wedding blocks (i.e. all single rooms I believe, no suites).  The area around Dolce is beautiful though and it is very close to the Rockleigh.  
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your help! Do any of those hotels offer shuttle services or have an in-hotel bar?

• Options
    I know for sure the Hilton Woodcliff lake has both 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    All of them do have both, except perhaps Dolce (didn't get that far in the conversation).  It usually varies per hotel how many rooms you have to have booked to get the free shuttle, though.

• Options
    Hi.  I was a Rockleigh September 2013 bride.  Absolutely loved it, do not regret at all picking the venue.  They just renovated the place so it is even more beautiful.  I was in the smaller room (Bristol) because I had less than 200 guests.  The Grand Pavilion (bigger room) is amaaazing.  The outdoor wedding chapel is one of the many reasons I picked the Rockleigh.  The service, food, atmosphere, you heard right....it is just perfect.  Cons?  It's expensive LOL.  But worth it, trust me.  I added the sushi bar, viennese hour, a cigar bar.  They asked me what my favorite dessert was while making menu & surprised me with it on wedding day.  Another con....it can have 2 weddings in the building at once, but it is so large & they time it so that you will never be on top of each other.  You do NOT share bathrooms, hallways, entrances, NOTHING.  Venetian & Addison Park, you do share & you will hear other parties going on.  You will only see them if you are outside & looking in on the other side of the building through the big french doors.   
  • Options
    We also stayed at Hilton Pearl River because it is the closest to the hotel & our limo service offered shuttle service for the guests to and from.  Place was beautiful.  Very happy with their service & rooms.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards