Wisconsin
Options

Anyone had their wedding reception at Coast- Zilli Lake and Gardens

I am considering having my reception at this venue, but I have 250 people total who will be there for the dancing portion and 150 for seated dinner.

I am concerned that the dancefloor will be crowded in this space...
Has anyone had 250 people at that venue?
Soon to be mama to a lil boy!

Re: Anyone had their wedding reception at Coast- Zilli Lake and Gardens

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've attended a Wedding here and the dance floor was extremely small.  I think the amount of guests at this Wedding was right around 250.  After the Wedding, I remember the Bride being bummed b/c a lot of people didn't dance.  This could have been for a number of reasons, but for me, the dance floor just got too crowded too fast.

The area outside of Coast was absolutely awesome though!  It was a beautiful summer night so a lot of people enjoyed the view of the lake and the fresh air.

Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all the information!

I'm bummed because I love the way the outside looks but I LOVE to dance and with such a small dance floor that won't really be possible... Bummer :(

Thanks SOOO much for letting me kno!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm....I don't know how to take this post... But thanks for commenting
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Coast was too small for my even, so we are going with Harbor Lights which is still catered by Zillis and is just across Michigan St on the other side.  They also have an outdoor patio as well, the room is just bigger.  Check it out, should be big enough for 250 people.
  • Options
    DanicaDanica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto about Harbor Lights and/or the Miller Room.  They are adjoined to Coast and also operated by Zili's.  Also, before couting out Coast completely, talk to them about your concern.  They may be able to shift things to get a larger dance space. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Those are really good ideas :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

lmao...I agree though....I think that's super rude...

• Options
    toniinzeotoniinzeo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked into Coast/Harbor Lights Room...decided to go with Grain Exchange...but I was worried about the dance floor/area size as well....and one idea I LOVED that they gave me was to put the dancing under a tent OUTSIDE!!! They would set up one of my bars inside and the other by the "Dance tent". I am not sure exactly when your date is...but just a little food for thought.
    Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a fabulous idea!!! Thanks so much :)

The Grain Exchange is AWESOME! You must be so excited! :) I wish I could afford the Grain Exchange, that was my first choice~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards