Chit Chat

Saks Off Fifth - is this a thing?

I have my eye on some Adriana Orsini earrings from Saks. I Googled them to see if I could find them used and this Saksoff5th website popped up. Is this legit?

Re: Saks Off Fifth - is this a thing?

• Yup it's basically the outlet mall version!
  • Yeah! There are physical stores and everything. It's like Nordstrom Rack: same stuff as at Nordstrom but all on sale.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • It is a real store, but not necessarily the same stuff as Saks.  @Inkdancer Nordstrom Rack is the same way.  A lot of the outlet stores have separate lines that are lower quality than the main brand.  It doesn't mean you shouldn't shop there, but it just helps you to be a more aware shopper.  Oftentimes you can check the tag for differences.  And they do still have last-season items and things like that, but it just isn't all the same.  Here is an article about it.

• It is a real store, but not necessarily the same stuff as Saks.  @Inkdancer Nordstrom Rack is the same way.  A lot of the outlet stores have separate lines that are lower quality than the main brand.  It doesn't mean you shouldn't shop there, but it just helps you to be a more aware shopper.  Oftentimes you can check the tag for differences.  And they do still have last-season items and things like that, but it just isn't all the same.  Here is an article about it.
    Some of my favorite clothing items have come from outlets. I have never have a problem with lower quality item bought from there.
  • Yep. I was just at that outlet the other day :)
  • Check in store to see if they still have the discount cards. I have one that's good for 30% off of non-clearance items, with tons of exceptions of course. They used to hand them out at the front door.
  • arrippa said:
    It is a real store, but not necessarily the same stuff as Saks.  @Inkdancer Nordstrom Rack is the same way.  A lot of the outlet stores have separate lines that are lower quality than the main brand.  It doesn't mean you shouldn't shop there, but it just helps you to be a more aware shopper.  Oftentimes you can check the tag for differences.  And they do still have last-season items and things like that, but it just isn't all the same.  Here is an article about it.
    Some of my favorite clothing items have come from outlets. I have never have a problem with lower quality item bought from there.
    There's nothing wrong with them!  I like shopping outlets too :)  And you can still get overstock or out-of-season items that are the same quality.  I just like to be aware; I check hems and stitching a bit more closely now.  Also, when shopping online, I'm always wary of "original" prices.  Definitely don't think they need to be avoided, but who doesn't want to be a savvy shopper? :) 

• I used to work for a Saks Off Fifth. Some brands are the same that come from the retail store and they also have their own brand. In this instance, a Michael Kors dress is still a Michael Kors dress, but their "store" brand is different (Like 5/48 or something) and lesser quality than that of high end names.

• They are building one at one of the malls near me. I'm excited to check it out! I got my wedding earrings at Nordstrom Rack. I assume it will be similar to that store, not the same as nordstrom or Saks, but still worth checking out.
  • Adriana Orsini jewelry is also carried at the regular Saks store, so it may be overstock etc. from the main store.  It's not a lesser brand.
  • I LOVE Off Fifth.  Last summer I got an amazing pair of seersucker shorts there.  The brand was Theory, they were originally like $200+ and I got them for $12.

When I was on my jumpsuit quest awhile back I ended up getting two designer ones from Off Fifth for like $80.  I saved a boatload of money.  They also have an amazing shoe selection.  Confession:  sometimes I try on the extra special designer shoes that are still hundreds of dollars at the outlet discout price, but I never buy them.

Accurate facts. I just check tags for the brand and make sure I'm getting a quality item.
    eyeroll
  • Of the earrings, @larrygaga? The are two I like are attached.  

The pair I really, REALLY love are only sold at the real Saks for $90, which is more than I can afford, but here they are: 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards