Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

PK's CPW - Black & White or Color

AKA - Photokitty's Clicky Poll Wednesday!

Do you prefer wedding photographs in classic black and white or color? What about sepia (antique brownish and white)?
Do you want everything color selected so your red roses pop in every photo?

I like polls. We should have more polls. So let's see if CPW catches on ;)
Vote and discuss! *please*
:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

PK's CPW - Black & White or Color 10 votes

Black & White - I'm classy and stuff.
20% 2 votes
Color!!! - I'm not bland and boring, my wedding is like the Color Run!
30% 3 votes
Sepia - vintage chic is my long lost love.
0% 0 votes
Pastel filter - my burlap & lace really pops with it. Where did I set my mason jar?
0% 0 votes
I like whatever my photog tells me to like. That's why I hired them, yo!
10% 1 vote
I want every single photo in color, B&W and a few other options. I want it all!
40% 4 votes
Instagram - help me pick a filter...I wanna look tan...but first...
0% 0 votes
Special Snowflake (explain below)
0% 0 votes
I like photos with turtles (a traditional PK poll option)
0% 0 votes

Re: PK's CPW - Black & White or Color

• I voted color.  I like to see the photos and remember the details and colors as they were.  I don't mind black and white, but I think we only have a couple of them in our wedding album.  And we definitely DON'T have sepia, black and white with just the flowers (or some other detail) in color or any other filters.  I feel like that is a current trend and it will date my photos in years to come.
  • caitlinmcacaitlinmca member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    I voted: I want it all, give me everything. 

Edit: bad grammer
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding really was like the Color Run—I wore a hot pink dress and my husband's shirt and tie were bright blue and yellow. So while the black and white photos are gorgeous, classy, and dramatic, they really don't do it justice. 

I really, really dislike the color-selected photos. Same with sepia, various filters, vignetting, etc. Fortunately, our photog wasn't into that kind of thing anyway, which is why we hired her in the first place. We wanted photos that look like what your eyes so, but a little brighter/crisper.
  • I totally agree on the color section. I have seen it done well on a few occasions, but I think it will definitely date photos like puffy sleeves did to wedding portraits in the 80's! :-p

I love my grandparents old sepia toned wedding photos, but you can't get that look without hand processing on fiber paper...ain't nobody got time for that! I would what our photos willow like as they age and fade over the years. Crazy to think that our grandparents couldn't just go print  anew photo whenever they wanted. That one picture had to last a lifetime in most cases.

• ShellD13ShellD13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    I reviewed all of the portfolios of the photographers that responded to my bid. Which narrowed my choice down to one - I loved her work. She did a great mix of color and B&W photos for both our engagement and wedding sessions. Sepia tones seem pretty to me but not something I asked for. I do not like color section photos! I guess it could be done well but I just don't like the way it looks - I guess I'm an all or nothing type of girl the picture needs to be either B&W or full color.

ETA: Correct spelling
    Anniversary
  • I like a mix of color and black and white.  Some of my favorite pictures were the black and white ones.   I do also have some pictures of turles from my photographer...they are my pets that she snapped shots of while at my house lol.  
  • jenni1221 said:
    I like a mix of color and black and white.  Some of my favorite pictures were the black and white ones.   I do also have some pictures of turles from my photographer...they are my pets that she snapped shots of while at my house lol.  
    Yea for turtles!!!

• jenni1221 said:
    I like a mix of color and black and white.  Some of my favorite pictures were the black and white ones.   I do also have some pictures of turles from my photographer...they are my pets that she snapped shots of while at my house lol.  
    Yea for turtles!!!
    @photokitty - creepy photo!  lol.
  • I like mostly color but some black and white.  The sepia can look nice, but it didn't work well in our album...
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I prefer most in colour but some look really great in black and white, though I am not sure about sepia.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards