Not Engaged Yet

How do I change my settings to reflect that I am no longer engaged?

I signed up with this website after getting engaged, because it seems like a very useful resource to have when planning a wedding. I would like to keep my account active here, in the event I ever do decide to try getting married again. However, my fiance and I broke things off not long after the engagement. Long story short: It was messy, he was unreasonable, and we are no longer on speaking terms. Now, I keep getting sent emails about things I need to do for a wedding that's not going to happen, and his name is plastered on all of my stuff on the site. I don't want to think about him anymore, but I don't want to delete my account either. I changed the settings to reflect that I am now "not engaged yet" instead of my previous status, but his name still shows up everywhere, and I still have a wedding date and to-do list that I no longer need. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Best Answer

Re: How do I change my settings to reflect that I am no longer engaged?

• Sorry this is happening! Have you tried clicking on account (under your name in the top right), going to email settings, and unsubscribing from everything?

I don't get any TK emails, so it's definitely a fixable problem.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I ended up deleting my old account and making a new one. Similar thing happened to me except my wedding was all planned out and paid for.
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I think I had changed my fiance's name to Mr Nobody or something like that. Anyway, I don't think it would be bad to just delete the account and sign up again, unless you have a very strong attachment to your user name. Otherwise maybe you can change your wedding date to a date in the past and the emails may stop?

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• @VicariousEyes - did you receive a response you're happy with?  if you still need some help, I am available to find out what other options we have to get the emails to stop and clean out all of Mr. NoGood's information from your account.  I don't know right off the top of my head how to fix this, @KnotPorscha , can you help us out here?

I'm really sorry to hear about your engagement!  I hope at some point during your healing process you can stick around, make a few friends, and get some encouragement from the group. 
  • PrettyLady MLPrettyLady ML member
    First Comment
    edited September 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards